This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#103253 January 31st, 2004 at 01:30 AM
G
OP Offline
G
hi everyone! at the moment i am sitting in a "warm" lite rain shower on the gulf shore of florida, and wondering why we are going back home to the "frigid" temps of northwest indiana, were we live the most part of the year. my interest in gardening was actually "tossed" at us. we recently purchased 2 acres of land close to our home in indiana and were wavey very surprised to the vegetation everywhere. to tell the truth, vegetation isn't the right word. i think possibly "COMPLETELY OVERGROWN" covers it better. we have everything from raspberries to blackberries, flowers i have never seen, and a HUGE vine of wisteria. so i will need all the help i can get. i looking forward to meeting many of you and "picking" you brains on how to straighten out our "overgrown acreage"

#103254 January 31st, 2004 at 06:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wavey Welcome to The Garden Helper Gregsgranney wavey where in florida are you right now? i love the florida gulf coast. you are in lots of good company with your "overgrown" acreage. lots of us have that problem!!

#103255 January 31st, 2004 at 11:13 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
wavey Welcome Gregsgranney!!!!
Cute name!!!

Welcome!
Welcome aboard...

We have few members from each of your states...
Rue Anenome's from Indiana, and Sheritoots, Boxmonkey, oh, a few other's I can't think of...

I see you've made it around to some of our other sections already, add where you can, we're always looking for a new outlook on things....

The Overgrown vegetation sounds scrumptious
actually!!! I had all those berries when I was
kid growing up. Oh, yum!!!
I have some wild red raspberries and black~raspberry, Mmmmmmmmm tasty!!!!

On the hill we also have the blackberries, thimbleberries an currents......
Such good eatin'........

I've never moved mine, I'd imagine someone
may be able to help you move them.
I've actually wondered about that myself..
I'll try to do some reading up on it,
If I get side tracked, don't be afraid
to bring this post back up to the top and
remind me!!!!

Weezie

Have you eaten the berries??? Just curious!!!!

#103256 February 1st, 2004 at 12:42 AM
G
OP Offline
G
thumbup yes weezie, we have eaten the berries. they were GREAT there are red and black raspberries, blackberries, and we kinda think the others may be gooseberries. there is also wisteria. in bloom, this wisteria is the most fragrant i have ever smelled. the only problem is, no one has taken care of it in years. it has taken over problably one whole side of the property line. the flower, or bloom. which ever it is called, in full bloom is probably about 12' long. it is beautiful. but it is also a very distructive vine. we need to get it under control quickly as soon as the weather breaks. it will take us a while to get areas cleared and others ready to garden, but all we have is time. gregsgranney wink

#103257 February 1st, 2004 at 05:59 PM
R
R
Hi gregsgranny,

I`m in Indianapolis and my parents are in Gulf Breeze.

They had been down in Boynton Beach but moved half the didtant up to be closer. Still 700 miles away. I sure do miss them.

My Dad loves FL but if Mom had her way she would be back up here. She says that but on beautiful days of 50-60 F she talks about how cold she is!

Link Copied to Clipboard