This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#102696 October 25th, 2004 at 07:32 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
As most of you know, I don't get "out" much!

Saturday I absolutely, positively HAD to go to Wal-Mart. frown
There was no more putting it off.

The parking lot was so crowded you couldn't hardly get into it, let alone find a parking spot. But, my usual spot was open...because I always park in the farthest spot away from the store! That's the ONLY spot that was open. Everyone was just driving around and around, waiting for someone to back out of a spot a little closer so they could snag it.

And don't you just hate those people who see someone putting their bags in their car, and they STOP and wait for them to get everything loaded up, even though it might take 5 minutes. Then they WAIT for the person to s-l-o-w-l-y take their cart to one of those "cart corrals", come back to their car, fasten their seatbelt, find a good CD before they back out....you get the picture. All the while, traffic is backed up a mile. That BURNS mad ME UP!

O.K. Back to the story.

I get to the entrance of the store and there are two guys standing outside the door that looked like they might have been in the movie "Deliverance". laugh They had obviously crawled out from under a rock somewhere and decided to go to Wal-Mart to pick up chicks! (Or at least, LOOK at chicks!) laugh I'm in my late 40's, but I'm still pretty hot! And they sure let me know it! (How embarrassing!) shocked What are you supposed to do when a guy goes "Ummmmmmm ummm!" to you REAL loud in front of 20 other people? Duh I gave them a dollar each!

So, inside the store now. I hadn't even gotten 20 feet before the first person rammed their cart into the back of my ankles. mad

While recouperating from THAT, I look in my purse for my list, and realize I left it at home. Not good...me in Wal-Mart with no clue! nutz

I had to venture past the toy department on the way to the light bulb department. I passed a big display of a new toy in the center aisle. I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around to make sure I read the box correctly as I passed. Yep. Sure enough, it said "STINKY AIR BLASTER" - "Blasts Stinky Air Up To 20 Feet"! And, by golly, they were on SALE! (Dang, I've already used my 8 graemlin quota!) Brennan will NOT be getting one of those for Christmas from me!

Made it to the craft department for the Clear Acrylic spray I use over my paintings. It said on the back in big, bold letters: THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS CHEMICALS KNOWN TO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE BIRTH DEFECTS. Now...does that mean if I use it in Kentucky it's safe?

See, this is why I don't like to go to Wal-Mart. Everything boggles my mind! Then, my cell phone rings. I can't do ANYTHING while I talk on the phone. So, I have to decide whether to stay put in the craft department until the call is over, or try to shop and talk at the same time. I can't stand to see people talking on cell phones in stores, so I decide to hide in the craft department and talk. ("Can you hear me NOW?")

Since I'm out of graemlins, I'll have to continue this another time. There is absolutely no way I can describe my ordeal at the "Self Check Out" without graemlins!

Cindy

Can't wait to hear the rest of the story......... laugh

Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
laugh It's funny! You know, those things talk to you! (And, I answer them.)
Well, we got into an argument! laugh laugh laugh

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
There's more?????????? laugh laugh laugh

lala lala lala

I finally figured those things out....... kinda, but I'm a lot slower than the people they pay to do that so unless I've got less than six items I dont' use em. Some things I've learned about them:
  • You can't put your purse down ANYWHERE, it screws up everything
  • you can't have kids with you
  • there can't be anyone behind you
  • if you use the "skip bagging" button too many times the store police arrive
  • If you need assistance no one's around
  • Use a card, if you pay cash you could get $19 back in nickels and dimes
  • they suck :p

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
laugh laugh I wanna go shopping with you! laugh laugh

Sounds better than a saturday matinee!

G-Mom grinnnn

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
And cheap entertainment too,
can't do any better than FREEEEEEE!!! laugh wink laugh laugh laugh

Weezie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Cindy...did you remember to buy a mop yet?

laugh laugh

G-Mom grinnnn

Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Rachel finally bought me a mop!

Oh, you'd LOVE a trip to Wal-Mart with me! I'll have to PM you with a funny story about me and my cousin in Wal-Mart, and I was buying a padded bra and all we had in the entire shopping cart was this big padded bra, pushing it around the store....hell, I just told you most of the story!
laugh laugh laugh

The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
laugh laugh laugh

Well I hope you didn't end up buying the
"STINKY AIR BLASTER"
you have enough of that problem at home!!! laugh If anyone reads this and hasn't read your skunk stories kit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, you'd LOVE a trip to Wal-Mart with me!
I'm sure...but I don't think you'd like shopping with me. I have a bad habit of HAVING to turn on all the noisemakers. Sunday when I was in Wal-Mart with the kids,they had dancing,singing hamsters and before I was done I had all 20 of them jamming,while I laughed like a MADWOMAN grinnnn

Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Been there, done that! laugh

When Rachel was a teenager she would NOT go to Wal-Mart with me.
Duh lala

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
We already own that
"STINKY AIR BLASTER"
The thing goes off at all times of the day
and zzzzz night shk
When you least expect it, it shoots it's "STINKY AIR" out shocked frown and I'm like.... :rolleyes:
It's called my husband and two kids after chili,
pot roast, spaghetti, etc, laugh laugh laugh

turn on all the noisemakers
Does anyone remember "Bananas in pajamas" dolls grinnnn dev

Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Weezie...
I'm picturing that..... Duh
I must be too old for that one!

I've been to a Wal-mart down there in Fla and the one we have up here in Maine and can anyone tell me : How does that little old lady greeter get back and forth every day. I swear it's the same lady giving out the stickers. That's what I wanna do when I retire.. grinnnn

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cindy--- laugh

Our Walmart is 5 miles away and I'm not kidding, I'm there at least every other day.....went yesterday, and the day before, and lo and behold I'm heading there again tonight......

Karen--Me and my mom set off all of those dancing singing things the other day, and there were no kids with us.... laugh What does that say about our mentality.... nutz

Meg Offline
Originally posted by melcon6:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> turn on all the noisemakers
Does anyone remember "Bananas in pajamas" dolls wavey

thumbup laugh

Can't wait to hear about the self-check out ordeal...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Me and my mom set off all of those dancing singing things the other day
Lets go shopping together!!! We'd have Wal-Mart ROCKING!

laugh laugh laugh

G-Mom grinnnn

Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
What does that say about our mentality....
lala lala lala laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What does that say about our mentality....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hee,Hee,Hee... grinnnn

Our wal-mart doesn't have the self check-out thing. I think there is too much theft here. Stephen just did inventory at the store and he's $1000 short! He said there were alot of little things missing, like the things that are in those drawers in the back...resistors and diodes and stuff. I mean, those things cost like 75 cents! Why would you even bother?? But they add up when your missing them!

ANYWAYS, something else you can't do at the you-scan things is bag something too light. The little thing doesn't know you've bagged it and keeps asking you to put it in the bag. And Cindy, let me just tell you this...I also talk back to them and I've gotten into arguments with them!! Accept around here, there are ppl there to help you because sometimes you have to trade in your crumply 20 dollar bill for a flat one......dumb machines. I can only imagine how rediculous I look when I'm arguing with a machine that is programed to talk nicely and politely. "please put your item in the bag" "I DID!!!!!!" "please put your item in the bag" "ARGGGG!!!!"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL.....

In my rural area we only have one store so far with the self check out.....a grocery store 20 miles away........I think personally I'd rather stick with a human being.....lol

Karen, yep if we were all together in the toy department it would be frightening.....just think of all the stuff that 3 of us could set off together......woo-hoo....and then you always get the person that shoots you a dirty look just because you're having some fun and they aren't.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard