This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#102682 July 23rd, 2004 at 05:29 PM
V
visi Offline OP
OP Offline
V
hi to all of you,
my name is Visi and I moved last year from Germany to Florida ( Panama City )

Well, we do have grass and gardens in Germany too, buttttttt..the weather is different and so the shades of the "green".

Beside my DOGGY ( a Labrador called EURO ) I try very hard to fall in love with gardening and hope that some of you make it easy for me.
Right now I feel like a dummy, when I look over the fence to my neigbours.
And please forgive me for my poor english writing..I try to do my best.

regards
VISI

#102683 July 23rd, 2004 at 05:48 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
I'm so glad you joined us!
There are a lot of people here that can help you. One of our members, a very good friend of mine named "Gardenmom", is a landscaper in Florida, so I'm sure she can point you in the right direction on what grows in the Florida climate. There are quite a few gardeners here from Florida, so don't be a stranger to the forum! They all have beautiful yards and plants, and you will, too! If you have a question, post it and someone will jump right in and answer it.

So nice to meet you!
Cindy from Kentucky

#102684 July 23rd, 2004 at 06:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Visi wavey Welcome to the forum. Gardening in Florida isn't as hard as you might think,it just takes patience and the right plants. We'll all be more than happy to help you grinnnn

#102685 July 23rd, 2004 at 06:26 PM
V
visi Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Thank you so much from my heart, for the warm welcome here.
I am from Hamburg ( northpart of germany) . I got my Labrador last year from the shelter. She was extrem sick when I got her but now ( 1 year old)she is the happiest dog in town. I do a lot with her, running on the beach ( she is running , I am walking lol )swimming and digging holes together, on the beach, no more in the yard.
Thanks a again to all of you
regards
VISI

#102686 July 23rd, 2004 at 06:44 PM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Welcome! wavey

Your dog sounds very lucky...and so do you. grinnnn

Join in lots... gab

Sarah

#102687 July 23rd, 2004 at 07:12 PM
J
J
Welcome Visi........so glad you found this site. I am new here too, but jumping right in is the best thing to do! You will learn alot from the folks here! Have fun and I look forward to your posts..... wink

Gladys from North Carolina

#102688 July 24th, 2004 at 01:55 AM
P
P
visi,

Welcome and hush my mouth. You're the second person to join this week that's moved into Florida.

I live in the Tampabay area, myself. Born, bread, and for the most part raise here.

Your English is just fine! As far as what your neigbour's yard looks like don't worry about it. You see Florida is a state where many people move in and then they try to grow here what they did back home. Generally that does not work to well.

Check around at your better garden shops, or better yet visit your local Botanical Gardens. You can find several Master Gardeners in these gardens. You will get the idea soon enough of what will work here for you.

Again welcome to this fun gardening place~~!

#102689 July 24th, 2004 at 11:26 PM
Welcome to the site! So glad you found us! You will find lots of great information & wonderful people here to help you with the thing you want to know flw

#102690 July 25th, 2004 at 02:56 PM
V
visi Offline OP
OP Offline
V
...thanks to all of you nice people in here for the warm welcome. luv
I am reading at the moment the posts to find some answers to my yeard problems.

Alreaddy, love this web site alot and hope one day I can give help to someone too, regarding gardening.
Reagrds
VISI

#102691 July 25th, 2004 at 06:29 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
HI Visi!
Welcome! We'll all definately be more than happy to help ya out with any questions you may have wavey

#102692 July 26th, 2004 at 04:08 AM
wink Welcome! Dig right in and have fun! You'll enjoy it here! flw

#102693 July 26th, 2004 at 11:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi there Visi!!!! I'm glad you found us, everyone is so nice here......I think your English is great, it is a very tough language to learn....and I bet in no time you'll be growing beautiful flowers and plants that you are proud of.....

I hope you get to come and talk with us a lot! It's nice having you here! wavey

Laura smile

#102694 July 26th, 2004 at 07:43 PM
V
visi Offline OP
OP Offline
V
hi LAURA,

not only flowers make a heart bloom, its people like you here at the forum , who make for sure my heart bloom, when I read all the friendly postings.

You all make me feel like home here.thanks again from all of my heart
VISI

#102695 July 27th, 2004 at 05:28 PM
Welcome to the forum! wavey Its so nice to meet you. May you find everything you need to get your garden in top shape! And don't be too upset. Everybody has to start some where. I killed two or three houseplants before I got into it.

Link Copied to Clipboard