This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#102641 October 24th, 2004 at 08:16 AM
This is a test....
Trying to post photos of my desk and hubby's desk. This is my desk:
[Linked Image]
More of my desk. (Who was talking about Clean Sweep? I challenge you to a clutter duel!) [Linked Image]

This is hubby's with every Simpsons figure EVER MADE. [Linked Image]

#102642 October 24th, 2004 at 03:27 PM
Meg Offline
Loz, Ya know, I think we were sisters or something, separated..lol.

I have always loved my books.. I still have books from my childhood, that I keep on a bookshelf. My kids will someday read these, I just know it! I can't get rid of books, that's just wrong!!

nic-nacs.. yea, got those too. I started that collection young as well. I have an aunt that used to have her own ceramic shop that was the garage, converted. It was full of shelves of ceramics, paints, glazes, molds, and even a kiln! I used to go over there and get my goods fer free!! She'd let me paint my own, or give me stuff she'd made. She switched after years of doing that, to painting. So of course, I got some pictures. Then my mom started having Home Interior parties.. I'd go, and get more stuff!! (And I mean, I was only maybe 10-12 years old then!) I'd save my allowance to buy stuff I wanted, and mom would sometimes buy me something I really wanted and couldn't afford. Later, when I was 18, I went to a Princess House Crystal party. I ended up getting a bunch of stuff the next couple of months. I can't part with that stuff, it's so pretty!! (Much of it in boxes!)

Now, we have clutter of another kind too.. papers, boxes, just junk laying around. True, a lot could be gotten rid of. I just don't like getting into it, cuz it takes forever!!!! I could spend an entire day just doing a kid's room. I've done that a few times now! Go in with garbage bags and get rid of at least 2-3 bags of old broken toys, etc. It's time again. I dread that chore. I almost have to do it when the kids aren't home, cuz they get in my way "to help".

And for the record catlover.. yes, I know most of what's behind me. And the CATS are the ones that knocked it all over, off the shelves!! laugh laugh

muggs
Meg

#102643 October 24th, 2004 at 03:30 PM
Meg Offline
geegee.. try using photobucket for picture storage. They allow linking to the picture like that. Webshots only lets you post a link, not the photo itself. :p

Meg

ps- I went to webshots and looked at your desk photos. I like your desk!! I want that kinda setup, but I don't have the space for that!! Wow! flw flw

#102644 October 24th, 2004 at 06:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all i can say is .... glad i'm not alone!!! thumbup laugh laugh laugh

#102645 October 24th, 2004 at 09:56 PM
>>Do you have one of those cup-holders like in a car by your computer?<<
>>That's what I've been thinking about installing here at my desk!<<<

hey!!!!
On my new computer there's a button and when you push it ......voila! instant cupholder!!!
HA HA!

#102646 October 24th, 2004 at 10:01 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
NO WAY! ! ! thumbup laugh

#102647 October 24th, 2004 at 10:07 PM
I couldn't for some reason figure out or use Photobucket but I've had good luck with sony www.imagestation.com

#102648 October 24th, 2004 at 11:37 PM
Thanks, guys, it finally worked!!!

Meg- I built that desk, and am pretty darn proud of it. Thx. That's our office. Now, if we ever have another baby, the office is GONE (sob, sob..)

#102649 October 25th, 2004 at 01:28 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
geegeeburr...Your desk area looks very organized to me. Duh

What do you reckon he was lookin' at? Duh

laugh
Cindy

#102650 October 25th, 2004 at 02:00 AM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
What do you reckon he was lookin' at?
My web cam image of my desk? (NO... don't ask!) :p

#102651 October 25th, 2004 at 03:25 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
shk

#102652 October 25th, 2004 at 05:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Meg......wow, sounds like we do have some stuff in common.....lol I'm even guilty of sometimes buying the same book twice.... :rolleyes: I have so many that I forget what I even have.....and although I'm not big into reading a book a second time I still can't bear to part with them all......

I love ceramics!!!! I paint a lot of them....one of my fav. things.........my sister is a minimalist/clean type decorator.....I think when she walks into my house she feels claustrophobic, but I love being surrounded by all my junk.....actually it helps me feel at ease.....

geegeeburr--Your office looks pretty good to me, you have all of those pretty colored storage boxes on your desk........Maybe I should break down and buy something like that...... thumbup

Cindy, our computers being on the GH just shows how truly and sadly addicted we are to this place......we've been brainwashed I tell you, brainwashed.... laugh

#102653 October 25th, 2004 at 06:12 PM
o.k. I've been holding back here but now I'm ready. I got home on Saturday night from a 14 hour workday exhausted but had to check on you guys . Read this thread and OMG laughed my a$$ off!!! laugh laugh Oh, it was great! Wanted to clean up the old puter desk before posting but figured that wouldn't be fair so .......took pictures before......
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and after grinnnn

[Linked Image]

#102654 October 25th, 2004 at 06:53 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
And I see the drawers underneath the desk top...uh huh....open the drawer and sweep...
Organized clutter thumbup
laugh laugh ....that's what the top of my file cabinet looks like...but the file cabinet is in the CLOSET!!!
So Catlover is guilty as charged on closet clutter!!!! :rolleyes: laugh

Catlover

#102655 October 25th, 2004 at 07:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love seeing everyones desks....it's great, like a little glimpse into that person!!!! smile Who's next???? Duh

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard