This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#102248 January 1st, 2004 at 02:29 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Sorry for the two month absence...was swamped with work, family, and other stuff. Now eager to ensure that I've not been neglecting my garden too long, I'm back onboard, and looking forward to reading everyone's posts!

#102249 January 1st, 2004 at 02:38 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hi Nicholas,
How you been, I had been wondering how you were?
I had tried to reach you when the fires were,
and mudslides and earthquakes!!!
How's work?
How's the ground cover working out for you??

I posted to you in the Banter Hall section too!!
Glad to see you back!!!

Weezie

We've got alot of members from California....
Catlover still, Papito, gardengal, Jillie, and JC (aka; Hollywood), Mich168 (Michelle), Daisey,
a few more, can't think right now, got a cold in my head!!!
Sounds like something good to blame it on!!

#102250 January 1st, 2004 at 02:50 AM
AV Queen
AV Queen
Welcome back! You were missed... gab

#102251 January 1st, 2004 at 02:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see you back again nicholas!!! wavey

You probably have tons of reading to do on here..... smile

Glad to see you around!! thumbup

#102252 January 1st, 2004 at 03:21 AM
Nicholas! Welcome baa-ack wavey
Got any good tips on movies that might be "must sees?"

#102253 January 1st, 2004 at 10:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wavey Hey Nicholas wavey so very glad to see you back! hope you have a good time catching up, and can't wait to see what you contribute! see ya around!

btw, how did the fires, quakes, and mudslides affect you? they didn't i hope!

#102254 January 2nd, 2004 at 12:29 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Originally posted by Jillie:
Nicholas! Welcome baa-ack wavey
Got any good tips on movies that might be "must sees?"
Check out my rambling reviews at http://www.lonewolff.blogspot.com

#102255 January 2nd, 2004 at 02:35 PM
Thanks, Nicholas.
A great read, O Wordsmithee, & your comment regarding the gov's buttocks was a hoot. laugh I'll be a frequent visitor!

#102256 January 4th, 2004 at 05:50 AM
A
OP Offline
A
I only add updates to the blog as the whim dictates, so don't expect too much! Glad you enjoyed, though!! thumbup

#102257 June 21st, 2004 at 06:01 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Oh, to be free once more!
I've been working on a project for the past 4 months, that has kept me from many of my preferred hobbies and pursuits - The Gardeners Forum being one! How is everyone?!

It's gray and a little chilly here in the Los Angeles area, and I rather like it like this! Updates on my garden:

The fence and gates are all up and running smoothly. Yesterday I installed a 6' high chain link gate around the side of the house, completing the dog kennel, Now all we need is the dog(s).

Also yesterday, I finally got around to planting an herb garden: sweet basil, cinnamon basil, parsley, oregano, sage, and mint. Still need to get the marjoram (we already have rosemary out front).

Our tomatoes are going crazy as usual: we have 9 plants all dancing their own independent dances of the 7 veils all over the garden. No tomatoes to speak of yet, but I water in hope...

Hydrangeas, blooming and gorgeous. Jasmine, I put up wires, and it is creeping up and around the windows. Bougainvillea, likewise. Everything's coming up roses, and plumbago, Iris, and Veronica...even the Gardenias have been growing with gusto.

The only thing not looking good is the front lawn, which - as some of you may recall - was destroyed by an unethical landscaper, who broke our irrigation system and then disappeared. We sued (which was no fun) and won. However, winning a lawsuit in California is akin to marrying Jennifer Lopez: it's shortlived and means nothing. The guy is claiming he has no assets to speak of, and thus we can collect nothing unless we prove otherwise. Yuk!
So we are planning on what to do about the now beige patch of lawn sitting infront of our house...

Glad to be back among y'all, and looking forward to reading about your various and sundry adventures among the worms and snails!...

#102258 June 22nd, 2004 at 08:42 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hello Nicholas,
Your yard and garden sound like they are
coming along fabulously!
How exciting!

Do you two cook with all those herbs you have growing? I love all the new mints that they have out there. All the neat flavors, like cinnamin, grapefruit, chocolate, etc.

I can't believe you don't have a tomato yet!!! shk
Seems like you would in your climate?

Got a picture of that bouganvillia!!!????
That's the one by the new fence???

I hope you get that lawn incident taken up!
It's frustrating I know!

Well, I am out to the garden myself, following the kids, schools' out for the older one and the apple cart is upset now, off to see what they are doing!!

Weezie

#102259 June 22nd, 2004 at 11:05 PM
P
P
Nichlolas, wavey Welcome Back!

As for the lawn, are you ready for this? How about painting it green with environmentally safe and harmless green dye that is used mainly at/by golf courses? The dye is mixed with water [until you get the desired color] and sprayed on to the problem lawn area.

Instant green lawn!

Papito

#102260 June 23rd, 2004 at 06:58 AM
A
A
Hello nicholas,
I feel you! I've been so swamped latly too and hardly get on here enough and on top of that my computer usualy crashes while trying to get onto the internet mad once I'm on I'm fine though.
Bouganivills are quite a site to be seen! Compleatly covered with flowers they bloom for so long Duh
Well, good that your back on the forum and good to be back on as well but my computer still isn't 100% wink

#102261 June 23rd, 2004 at 08:21 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Papito! Weezie! Apples! Old friends with warm smiles...
Papito, what is the name of that dye? It sounds god-awful, but at this stage I'm willing to try anything once!

If the Irish can dye their beer, I can surely dye my front lawn with impunity...

#102262 June 23rd, 2004 at 02:34 PM
P
P
From the "net", not endorsisng nor any connections with these sites:

Dye 1

Dye 2

see...Lawns to Dye For.

Dye 3

Link Copied to Clipboard