This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#101841 December 9th, 2004 at 07:23 PM
AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
On Tuesday, one of the department's best volunteers, and one of my favorite people lost his home to fire. Him and his family, a pregnant wife and 5 children all made it out safely, but everything in the house is a total loss. ters

They have a large extended family, and the fire department, so I'm sure they will have a Christmas.

While I have always known some of what my husband does for a living, and that every time he's called out, the world changes dramatically for those who called 911, never before have I seen up close and personal the aftermath. It is truely indescribable.

Mike also took me through what is left of the house, and explained what he thinks/feels/sees while actually fighting the fire. I have never been more scared in my life. I have a whole new respect and appreciation for those who have the courage to face what most run from. sca

Anyway, if you could say a prayer, or send some good thoughts my friends way, I would appreciate it. gab

#101842 December 9th, 2004 at 07:44 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I have a whole new respect and appreciation for those who have the courage to face what most run from.
Firefighters and rescue workers face far more danger than what the general public realizes.
Firefighting is a dangerous job in itself, but coupled with the fact that fire departments and rescue workers are called out to assist at law enforcement calls makes their jobs all the more dangerous.

Domestic violence scenes are dangerous to anyone who responds, and recently a firefighter in a neighboring town here was shot as soon as she got out of the fire truck. She died just a few feet from where the man's wife lay dying.

While you're saying a prayer for this family who lost their home, say a prayer for the men and women who risk their lives everyday at this dangerous job.

Cindy

#101843 December 9th, 2004 at 07:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barley, many prayers for your friend and family.....I couldn't even imagine losing all of your belongings in a fire.....I'm talking about simple things like clothes, photo albums, and your childs blankie or stuffed animal that they've had for years....

Thank goodness all of them were okay. It really is the most important thing, but how devastating to lose all that you own, and the house that you've been steadily paying off for years so you can own it!

And yes--the bravery of the fire department and police departments are uncomparable.....It takes a strong person to be a member of either group!

#101844 December 11th, 2004 at 03:45 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Barley,
ABSOLUTELY!!!
They deserve alot more credit than people give them, and so many are VOLUNTEERS..............
Like we're busy doing all sorts of stuff, they
put on hold and go to the rescue...
I have a girlfriend who's an EMT, *she's the one that used to live up stairs from me...* and I always told her, if she had a call and wanted a place for her son to go, I'd watch him so she could take the call...
I often said to her, it's hard for my husband to volunteer for anything like that because of his hours he works, or me with the wee~one at home,
but it was the least I could do, to help someone helping someone else....

I can remember the whistle blowing here in town,
(**we live just about under it angell angell angell angell angell for those who lost their house.....

#101845 December 11th, 2004 at 06:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hate to add more on top of already bad news,but Missy's 12yo best friend was just burned out of her house too. It was on the news today...there is nothing left but burned cinders. Her cat and dog were lost. They are heros though...they woke her mother while she was sleeping which allowed her to get out in the nick of time. If it hadn't of been for them her mother would not have survived.

I am saddened beyond belief at the loss of not only everything(and I do mean EVERYTHING!) they owned but the loss of these wonderful,corageous animals ters

Talk about Man's best friends...

G-Mom ters

Link Copied to Clipboard