This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#101606 June 7th, 2003 at 07:14 AM
B
Bill Offline OP
The Garden Helper
OP Offline
The Garden Helper
B
Bob (and a few others) have written to me to ask how they can use their own photos with their forum responses... I wish that I could help you out with this, but it's really not feasible from my end. To post a photo on this board, the pix must first be on the WWW. I know that there are several "photo storage vaults" where you can upload your own pictures and the server will create your own gallery, but I really don't know much about them. Another option would be to create your own page on one of the "Tripod" type free webpage services. Once the photo is on the web, it will have it's own address (URL) and you can post it here, there and everywhere, using that address. Has anyone had experiences with these services that they can share with the other members, or steer them in the right direction?

I've also had requests to provide a "speel chek" feature for this forum. The old forum had this feature, but for some reason UBB (the program I use) neglected to add this to their "new improved version". I am looking in to the possibility of adding this feature, but.......
:rolleyes:

#101607 September 12th, 2003 at 12:55 PM
Ah! I just had an idea. There's a club that shall remain nameless, as it is sadly neglected. However, I can post photos there, which I might then be able to http here. I just might try that.

#101608 September 13th, 2003 at 07:25 PM
I don't think anyone cares if we can spell. Sometimes it's fun to try to figure out what we're really saying. Even though I don't have a clue how to post pictures, I would like to know what everyone looks like.

#101609 September 13th, 2003 at 09:24 PM
AV Queen
AV Queen
When you post a picture, it takes a while to get the info to register with this website. wavey

#101610 September 13th, 2003 at 09:32 PM
wavey Most Internet Servers give free website space with the service hookup. It is usually about 4 Meg or so. Plenty of room for pictures as long as they aren't huge files. You can upload pictures to that address with help of your server. Handy little thing well worth knowing and free for the taking. wink The tractor below is done that way. It does take a little while for the site to link to it, but then it locks on and stays as long as the picture is at the address you enter. thumbup

#101611 November 4th, 2003 at 04:00 PM
B
Bill Offline OP
The Garden Helper
OP Offline
The Garden Helper
B
...... I am in trouble again! I was supposed to check into different places where you could place your own photos on the web, and thereby be able to post them here on our forum.

I did a search on Google for "free online photo storage" and found thousands of links to sites which allow you to create an online photo album so that you could share your pictures with your friends. They all work in pretty much the same way....... Sign up, follow the instructions to upload the photos, and you are all set!

As Lefsa mentioned, almost all internet service providers offer you a free web site. Their software allows you to create web pages without knowing how to do HTML coding, and to add your photos as well. Once you've created a web page or a free photo album, your photos will have a web URL which can be posted here.... i.e. http://www.thegardenhelper.com/pixdujour/08170070.JPG
When you want to post your photo on the forum, click the "IMAGE" button (in the Instant UBB Code area below) and add the web URL to the pop-up box. If the URL is correct, your photo will appear in your post.

Creating free web pages and albums is really very easy and fun, so don't be intimidated! Give it a try..... show us your stuff!

If anyone has experience in doing this (free web pages or photo albums), or suggestions of easy to access and use "Free" sites like these, please give us your recommendations and any tips you'd like to share!

#101612 November 4th, 2003 at 07:34 PM
I've used freeserver.com for a free photo album site. The site I set up for myself is
www.amy-doug.itgo.com I don't have many pictures in there but my friends and family have fun going there to check things out. Check it out! I have room to put more pictures in but haven't gotten off my butt to do it yet!

#101613 November 4th, 2003 at 08:13 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I was going to ask you sporty if
those were pictures of you??
Is it???
Looked like you guys were havin' fun!!!
Weezie
And the picture of the wedding invitations
were awesome! Nice touch!!

#101614 November 4th, 2003 at 11:32 PM
I would be the Amy in the pictures!!!! flw Glad you like them! I have a lot of perfecting to do to the site though.

#101615 November 5th, 2003 at 02:51 AM
Weezie beat me to it...but I was going to say Webshots as well. That is where I have my lily pics stored. You can set up an account for free..or pay a small subscription fee for a larger account. I like webshots because you can view the pics as a slide show:

Here's mine:

http://community.webshots.com/user/surgnurf

#101616 November 5th, 2003 at 07:06 AM
Forum Hostess
Forum Hostess
I'm with you on that one lily....been using Web Shots for a couple of years now. I love it. I like the slide show feature...but I also love the fact that I can send my pictures as e-cards.

Weezie....what are you waiting for girlie....get your pictures on there!

#101617 November 6th, 2003 at 12:51 PM
F
F
I tried posting my pic with a URL but i don't think it worked. Wonder what the trick is? Does anyone see my pic on profile? Maybe i just can't see it. Duh

#101618 November 6th, 2003 at 03:43 PM
B
Bill Offline OP
The Garden Helper
OP Offline
The Garden Helper
B
I looked at your profile (my view of it). You posted the url of your personal home page, rather than of a photo.

You should move that url to "your home page" and then post the url of your photo to "your picture" (an image url must end in .jpg, .bmp, or .gif) For the photo to show up, the url must be enclosed inside [img][/img] tags.

#101619 November 20th, 2003 at 03:31 AM
D
D
[Linked Image]

Testing this out to see if it works. Hopefully...

thumbup Cool, it worked! I have my photos over at ImageStation.

Dawn

#101620 November 20th, 2003 at 05:43 AM
D
D
I always forget something...yes, Sony ImageStation is free. I use it as we have just recently learned how to post pics and thats what most people at the other forum used.

Dawn

#101621 November 23rd, 2003 at 06:23 PM
D
D
I decided to expand an existing flower bed and used a section of heavy black plastic to kill back the grass. One thing led to another and you see the results. We love the outdoors so a great day for us is driftwood and geode hunting. We figured it would look cool if we used them to hide the large pots and the black plastic. We actually suprised ourselves!!!!

Dawn

#101622 November 23rd, 2003 at 06:56 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Dawn Marie, wavey
Just food for thought,
but, I use newspaper down in thick layers,
some I just put the whole thing down flat,
as is, not taken apart at all, I get alot
from mother, neighbor, and my pennysavers...
(I even use thick cardboard,
like large appliance containers, etc.)
I layer the the newspaper or cardboard,
on top of what I want to kill,
And load, load, load chopped up leaves
on top, and leave for the winter,
the snow, softens the newspaper/cardboard,
and it draw worms to your area, which in
turn cultivate your soil, free of charge,
they love to eat that dirt underneath, the
card board/newspaper that does eventually
break down, for food for the woods, and they eventually also eat the leaves, and in
return they leave you with great soil,
ammended with worm compost! Duh

#101623 November 24th, 2003 at 01:14 AM
D
D
Hi Weezie,

Great minds think alike! I've got newspaper several layers thick with cardboard on top of it underneath the plastic. thumbup The plants to either side of the EE's are castor bean plants at an early age. One of my green ones went taller than the trailer.

Dawn

#101624 November 30th, 2003 at 04:32 PM
Photo test, here....
[Linked Image]

#101625 November 30th, 2003 at 04:35 PM
Dang.... I'm just not getting it...

#101626 November 30th, 2003 at 06:32 PM
Me, too, Cat.....Red "X"

laugh

#101627 November 30th, 2003 at 06:42 PM
B
Bill Offline OP
The Garden Helper
OP Offline
The Garden Helper
B
Hi Jille,
You were tring to post a web page url into the "image" code box. Go to the page that the photo is on, then......
if you are using Netscape, right click on your photo then click "copy image location". Then paste the "copied location" into the UBB "Image" java pop up box.

With Internet Explorer, right click on the image, then click properties. Copy and paste the image "address" into the UBB "Image" java pop up box.
teech

#101628 November 30th, 2003 at 06:46 PM
Trying again.... [Linked Image]

#101629 November 30th, 2003 at 06:47 PM
HOT DAWG!!!!!! Thanks, Bill! kissies

#101630 February 8th, 2004 at 12:08 AM
I am so computer iliterate. I got a digital camera for Christmas and have pictures saved to a Picture File somewhere on my computer. I can email them, because I'm given that option, but can't figure out how to get them here. I wish one of you would come to my house and show me how. I'd be real sweet, which is not really my nature. I'd even cook.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard