This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#101409 September 30th, 2004 at 01:59 AM
melcon6 Offline OP
OP Offline
I was making an awesome pork roast with potatoes and carrots,etc. the other night and I sent my 7 y/o daughter out to the garden for some rosemary. She took a basket and small cutters, I double checked with her that she did know what rosemary was , she said yes and I told her to bring me back 6 finger lengths. So off she went and I was busy cutting the veggies and after a while I realized she had been gone a long time. I went to one window, couldn't see her , went to the back door, nothing, checked another window with a better view and there she is ! Coming up the garden path with the basket handle over one arm and the other arm loaded up with gladioli! smile thumbup What a sweetie, she comes in finally and says she has a surprise for me and explains that they were starting to go by and she thought I might enjoy them in the house. It's a moment I'll always remember and when she's 20 or 30 I'll think back to this beautiful 7 year old girl in the garden.

#101410 September 30th, 2004 at 04:27 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Aren't those memories precious!!!! cool

Weezie

#101411 September 30th, 2004 at 05:19 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Ahhhh Melcon cool

You two should take a picture together with your glads...frame it and put it in your daughters room.....good memories down the road for both of you. thumbup I don't know if this is possible but can you dry a glad and place in the frame with the pix?

Sentimental Catlover

#101412 September 30th, 2004 at 05:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's so sweet......what a nice little girl you have......I like catlovers suggestion, I think that would be cute..... smile

#101413 September 30th, 2004 at 11:54 AM
melcon6 Offline OP
OP Offline
I've never heard of anyone drying glads? That's a great idea ! thumbup Anybody out there ??? I've only got a few left and they're using the "f" word around here on the news. FROST maybe next week. I've got a real pretty yellow one right now but I imagine the burgundy one would dry better........ wink

#101414 September 30th, 2004 at 02:17 PM
Meg Offline
Awwwe, that's really sweet!

Ask Cindy (afgreyparrot) how she dries flowers.. hers are just beautiful! (I believe she said hang them upsidedown, or use silica gel.)

Meg

#101415 September 30th, 2004 at 10:38 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I use silica gel.
Glads dry beautifully! thumbup

Got a Wal-Mart? Try the craft Dept. They stopped keeping it at my Wal-Mart, so I have to order it. If they don't have it there, a craft supply store (Michael's, etc.) will have it, if you live around one of those, which I DON'T!
The shipping is pretty steep if you have to order it online.

Nothing sweeter than a child in the garden!
Brennan helps me everyday, and always picks a big bouquet of flowers.

Cindy

#101416 October 1st, 2004 at 03:42 AM
melcon6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Cindy, I'll have to try WalMart quick cuz they're fading fast. Only 3 or 4 left. How do you think a pale yellow one will do . The others are a deep burgundy. I'll be posting you with other questions if I get the stuff. wavey

Link Copied to Clipboard