This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#101357 July 21st, 2004 at 02:10 PM
J
OP Offline
J
I was introduced to this site by a member from another site and I thought I'd join and check it out. I just moved to NC in April and got married on the beach. The house we bought has a terrible yard and I have been diggin and fixin it up since we moved in! Loving every minute of it, I might add. Currently, I am unemployed and looking furiously for a job. Not an easy thing around here! I have 3 dogs- 2 german sheppards and a standard poodle(he's a lunkhead) and a cat.

So far, I have planted blanket flower, August Beauty gardenia, Star Jasmine, yarrow, ridge kalanchoe, sedum autumn joy, mexican petunia, double yellow hibiscus and single pink, candytuft, 2 roses, multicolor lantana, double Hollyhock (from seed), and moonflower.

There were a bunch of yellow cannas here as well as some mums and tiger lilies, which I have dug up and planted in some of the beds.

Looking forward to meeting you all and sharing ideas, pictures, and general gabbing!

Sorry this was so long! Thanks!

#101358 July 21st, 2004 at 02:59 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Hi! wavey
You've come to the right spot for ideas, pictures, gabbing and a lot more! I've learned so much here, and had fun doing it! I joined in March, and they made me feel right at home from the first post! The friendliest group of gardeners on the web!
Glad you joined!
Nice to meet you!
Cindy

#101359 July 21st, 2004 at 05:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Gladys, and a big welcome to you!!!!!! So glad you were told about us, this place is fantastic......from the information on here, to the people you talk to on here it's a great place.......

Hope you get to chat with us often!

Laura smile

#101360 July 21st, 2004 at 08:10 PM
Welcome to the site! You'll love it here, I do!

#101361 July 21st, 2004 at 11:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello and Welcome wavey to the forum. Gardening,Gabbing and Gaming are my favorite pastimes and I found it all right here. The best people around to boot!

So glad to have you with us grinnnn

#101362 July 22nd, 2004 at 03:36 AM
wavey wavey Hi there Gladys... you sound farmiliar to me. Hmmm. Well, welcome to the forums. Hope you'll like it here.

#101363 July 22nd, 2004 at 02:05 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Thank you all for the warm welcome......I really enjoy checking out everyone's posts and seeing what everyone is up to in the garden!

Lilylilac...I am on another plant site...so maybe you know me from there....I use the same name.

Thanks again everyone.....looking forward to getting to know you all! flw

#101364 July 22nd, 2004 at 03:19 PM
P
P
Just Gladys,

Glad you took my advise and came on over to this site. While I loved the folks for the most part on the other site, and while I and my web-master worked with that site's owner to impove requested items from the members, plus gave her sound ideas on how to improve the $$$ that noise about sig-pics was just more than I care to deal with.

Your sig-pic is welcome here. Plus these folks seem to be just great fun loving gardeners.

Cya on the forums!

#101365 July 22nd, 2004 at 03:59 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Thanks Raye! wink

#101366 July 27th, 2004 at 05:33 PM
Howdy! wavey Welcome to the forum! Its very nice to meet you. smile (Ya know, it has always been my dream to get married on the beach. shocked How was it?)

#101367 July 27th, 2004 at 09:54 PM
J
OP Offline
J
plantlady19.......it was the one of the most precious moments in my life......We aren't much for being the center of attention so this quiet ceremony was just right for us. The lady who married us worked in the dress shop where I bought my dress and her parents were coming in for the weekend, and they were our witnesses. We got married at sunset, had a glass of champagne with the "wedding party" and then went out to dinner. We didn't do the traditional wedding garb either.......I had a small bouquet of flowers and our wedding party took some pics for us on the beach.....it was April 23rd and a beautiful clear evening with the sound of the surf and the breeze off the ocean.....I'll never forget it.......Thanks for asking!

Link Copied to Clipboard