Hi, I've been gardening now for over 25 years and 10 years ago I was lucky enough to purchase some land (4 1/4 acres) and build a house, so now I have the opportunity to do a lot of the things I had only dreamed of before. I have a 4500 square foot vegetable garden as well as a fruit orchard with varieties of peaches, apples, grapes, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, figs, strawberries, gooseberries, and new currant, hardy kiwi and paw paw plants still in their pots. I used to be in landscaping which I enjoyed, but after working hard all day, rarely had the energy to work on my own projects. Now I am a driver for the local Dominos Pizza franchise in Roanoke. I only work nights, so that frees up my days to putter around the garden. Suits me perfectly! I am currently working on expanding my landscaped areas and seeding new grass in areas that had only wild grass and weeds. I am interested in landscaping for wildlife. I have numerous daffodil, crocus, and tulip bulbs. The crocus are now done and the tulips are just starting, but the daffodils are in full bloom. Out of curiosity yesterday I counted the flowers and the number is approaching 1000 blossoms. Today is not a gardening day here as we have had over an inch and a half of rain with fog and temperatures in the mid to upper thirties. The forecast though is for highs in the 70s later in the week, so I'm trying to get my housecleaning caught up.

Back to work for now.