This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#101127 February 28th, 2004 at 06:42 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Anyone out there shoot pool? I was out last night fighting with the children (just turned 21 and are off their mother leash!) over the quarters on the table. Think they can just walk up and rackem' because they remember putting a quarter down muggs , but didn't think about the 7 people in front of them! Anyhoo - I shot this kid and he said wow, I've never played a girl that plays as well as you do. I was cracking up! laugh laugh laugh Made my day though!!!!! One of those days when you can't miss, Ya know?

#101128 February 28th, 2004 at 08:08 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I like to play pool, but I don't play thaaaat well.
My husband loves to play pool and he's
very good at it...

I did play one night on an "L" shaped pool table
and that was quite the fun!!!!

And like you said, everynow and again you have one of those nights when you just can't loose,
and it was quite funny on that table that night, because we came in, and put the quarter on the table and watched for a bit, and when it was our turn against the winners.....
I like to make it look like I know how to play pool and I can chalk the stick with holding between my foot and twisting it back and forth, with out holding the stick (*Looks impressive*)
Then I whack the chalk off and start playing,
but then I managed to sink two balls in at once on a corner pocket and a side pocket and it was quite funny! *I can't play worth sh*t sometimes and to make that play it's unbelievable!

But what fun!!!

My husband LOVES to watch those shows on tv with the playoffs for them, the women and the men.
They are the top of the top!
And good money too!!

Weezie

#101129 February 28th, 2004 at 09:11 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I have to admit I sit and watch em play too. Hoping to learn something or maybe have some of their talent rub off on me!

I shot on one of those L tables too. It was kinda weird. Hard too!

Yeah and then there are those nights when I can't play worth a s#@t too. Usually the money tournament nights!

#101130 February 28th, 2004 at 10:39 PM
Heaven's Gardener
Heaven's Gardener
Hi Scarlet,

Thanks for starting the Billards Post! thumbup

I first had a pool cue in my hand at the age of 10. My best friend's father had bought out an antique store and moved a leather pocketed pool table into their den. Her older brother starting teaching us the game.

In my early twenties, Family Billard Parlors were very popular in Los Angeles. I had one boyfriend that loved to play pool. So there is were we usually went on our dates.

In my middle thirties I got very serious about the game and joined a trophey league (no money just trophies at the end of the season). This is a team league and I have played every season (two seasons a year) for over twenty years now. We have a four city playoff twice a year in the spring and Fall with San Francisco, Long Beach, san Diego and our Los Angeles Leagues. The hosting city rotates each playoff. We play off the top team from each city, four top individuals and the four top women. Yes, I have been a winner several times.

Scarlet, just to make your mouth water a little bit more, I have posted photos of my Schrager cue for you to take a look at.

Schrager Cue

#101131 February 29th, 2004 at 02:59 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Jc2weho,
Wow, now I'm really jealous. You're plants are beautiful too. I used to live in Ridgecrest Ca.
so I miss being able to grow the tropicals, and the weather, and my friends, and my 4 ft. tall jade plant, and and and! grinnnn

#101132 February 29th, 2004 at 04:20 PM
Scarlet, I used to live in Hesperia, the other end of the desert...Did you know Ridgecrest stared out being called "Crumville?" Did you ever go to the balloon festival?

#101133 February 29th, 2004 at 04:38 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Jillie,
Crumvile? No, I did not know that. No we never made it out to the balloon festival. I used to love to camp in the mountains and by Lake Isabella. One of the only states you could just pull over and pitch a tent. I loved to watch the sunsets too. Not quite as dramatic in Illinois!

#101134 February 29th, 2004 at 04:58 PM
Oh, Scarlet, there's nothing quite like sunset in the desert. I loved that part of living there...Sunrises are PRETTY spectacular, too..
and... it's the best place to see more shooting stars than anywhere else!

#101135 March 1st, 2004 at 03:55 AM
S
OP Offline
S
I used to love looking at the meteor showers... Just laying back on a blanket on the mountain and watching. It was incredible!!!! No way to explain it.

Link Copied to Clipboard