This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#101099 September 21st, 2004 at 01:09 AM
Longy Offline OP
OP Offline
G'day all, wavey looks like i'm the new chum.
I live in Australia on the East Coast and have 2 1/2 acres for a houseyard. I am a very keen gardener and almost all my spare time is spent in the garden or researching relevant info. Thought i'd have a looksee what other gardeners are up to in other parts of the world. I use mostly, though not strictly, organic techniques and am particularly interested in permaculture. Hopefully my little area of land will be able to keep me in fruit, veges and eggs one day with enough left over to barter a few things. At the moment i work away from home so i'm getting my gardens bones (trees) established and experimenting with veges. I also have a fern house and a small dam and a palm garden which are pretty much self sufficient now and require minimal attention. 3 chooks are the most recent notable addition.
Hopefully i can add a little to this forum and it'll be interesting to compare methods and suggestions from the many other participating gardeners around the world. smile

#101100 September 21st, 2004 at 01:35 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Hi! wavey Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like a very nice place you have!

Glad to meet you!

Cindy

#101101 September 21st, 2004 at 02:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello Matey [Linked Image] its really nice to have you along! I can't wait to hear more about gardening "down under". Sounds like you've got alot of neat stuff going on!

See you on the forum

Karen grinnnn

#101102 September 21st, 2004 at 06:22 PM
hi! Welcome to the forum gab
i am new here too and your post caught my eye as we have friends in toowoomba and their yards look like paradise to me. lots of grevillia and parrots and ferns..hope you get to share pictures with us!
Pat

#101103 September 21st, 2004 at 08:28 PM
Longy Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanx for the welcome all. I do have some fotos actually, if you'd care to have a gander. They're all shots of my gardens in some form or another except for the red flowering gum. Hope u like fotos of compost etc though. shocked
I've pasted the address below and hopefully the auto UBB will take you there. Duh
There's also an album there called Yemen which is where i work and it has a few shots as well. Enjoy and thanx again for the welcome.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v239/m.longstaff/

#101104 September 22nd, 2004 at 04:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What kind of plant is "Big Red" ? It looks great! The tree is beautiful grinnnn

#101105 September 22nd, 2004 at 05:14 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
OMG!!! Are those your parrots, or are they wild???
I would just die if I had those outside my house! You are so blessed!!!

Cindy

#101106 September 23rd, 2004 at 12:16 AM
Longy Offline OP
OP Offline
Big Red is a Kangaroo Paw. The flower pictured is still young and will fill out more. I'll get some more shots when i get home.
Yeah that RFG sure is a cracker. I hope to plant one in my front yard.
The parrots are wild. They're rainbow lorikeet or eastern rosellas. Not sure which foto you mean. We're also visited by about a dozen other species including Kookaburras, magpies, doves, wood ducks and a few others.

#101107 September 23rd, 2004 at 06:08 PM
Longy,

Beautiful pics there. Are you blessed to have such greenery all year long? Welcome to the forum!

Triss

Link Copied to Clipboard