This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#101044 July 2nd, 2004 at 10:43 PM
B
Bunny Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi everyone and everyone else that doesn't know me or remember me. All is well with me and mine in Illinois. My wife is expecting our 4th boy (no girls). I've installed my second rain barrell so I have 155 gallons of capacity so far. I also have a third barrell which is 55 gallons to install. Probably this weekend. My compost is doing very well. I grow dirt better than anything else! No major problems with the yard or garden or plants. Climatis plant shot up this year from a little nubb last year. It went up about 12 feet high up a tv antenna. I've found some great stuff to keep rabbits out of my garden. It is powdered fox urine. It works wonderful except it freaks my dog out. He ends up peeing all over the place! :p Well, I hope everyone is doing well! Thanks for all your very helpful advice throughout last year! thumbup It has helped me with my gardening this year for sure. And it has helped me give some advice nutz to my family and friends. Oh, well, take care. Happy 4th of July to all. Remember, always love your country, but never trust your government.

--Bunny confused

#101045 July 3rd, 2004 at 05:55 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Helllllllllllllllllllo Bunny!!!
Glad to see you around, I was just thinking of you the other day, there was Earth Quake in Illinios??? and wondered if you felt any of it????

I am glad to hear about the rain barrels!
LUCKY YOU!!!! If you get some pictures,
wish you'd post them!

Congratulations on the baby!!!!!
You'll have you're own baseball team pretty soon! thumbup

It's funny you should say that about the fox urine, I just picked up a little vile of it last weekend, too see if it would deter them.......
Haven't used it yet???
You said it's worked pretty good???

Thanks for stopping by!!!
Wish you'd do it a tad bit more often....
But glad you did and do, just the same...

Weezie

Any volunteer pumpkins this year????????

#101046 July 6th, 2004 at 10:46 PM
B
Bunny Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi Weezie,

Yes, we had an earthquake last week. It was about 7 miles north of Utica. Which is about 1 1/2 hours due west of Chicago. It was felt in Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Wisconsin, Missouri and througout Illinois. I slept right through it! frown Nope, no pumpkins yet. I have a few volunteers growing this year. Mostly tomato plants. I have one plant that I suspect is zuchini or cucumber but not quite sure yet. I finished my third rain barrell and within one hour, we got 1/2 inch of rain and filled all of them up. 208 gallons of water on hold! Yeah kissies over the past year for me and I'm sure many many others. I don't know how you have the time for it! I don't know how to post pictures on this sight or any others so I don't know if I'll get around to figuring it out for my rain barrells. I did just get a lot of the info about them from the internent. A lot of great, free examples, pictures and advice. Take care.

--Bunny nutz

#101047 July 13th, 2004 at 03:13 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Bunny,
Alot of the gardener's here have something called Webshots
It's free and you can post up to 250 pictures..
They seem to like it alot...
Other's have a few different kinds, some I guess from their server, I am not too firmiliar with those, maybe someone will come thru with how theirs works for you and you can select one that way.

I would cool Love thumbup to see the rain barrels and the system you have, I am jealous just hearing about it!

I hope you'll keep us posted on your new wee~one,
we have a few other member's here expecting also!
What fun to have future gardeners to come!!!

Weezie

#101048 July 13th, 2004 at 05:06 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Hi. Guess you don't know me, since I've only been here 4 1/2 months.

Powdered fox urine. nutz
And Weezie bought some, too. nutz

Sorry, I just have a very vivid imagination and a warped sense of humor...and I'm picturing the manufacturing process for this powdered fox urine, starting with the fox.....

Just forget it, but it ends with the freaked out dogs peeing everywhere...

Nice to meet you!

Cindy

#101049 July 21st, 2004 at 10:41 PM
B
Bunny Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi Cindy,
Powdered fox urine. I caught a momma rabbit in my garden yesterday, chased it and lost it. Later that night, I found a baby bunny (almost stepped on it). I let it go about 3 houses down the street. My wife thinks I'm mean and terrible. Hey, I didn't kill it and I let the neighborhood kids pet it. But I wouldn't let anyone go with me when I released it. Even though I don't like rabbits, I wouldn't kill one. It's like a cat and mouse game.

--Bunny thumbup

#101050 July 22nd, 2004 at 03:39 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Hey Bunny.....missed you around here giving us all a hard time.

Somebody has a birthday in a few days.... July 28!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY [b]MONTH BUNNY!!!! [/b]

Hmmmmm.....weren't you the one who had us going on your age and we all got suckered in???? :p wavey

#101051 July 22nd, 2004 at 05:27 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
BTW Bunny...does that make you 81 or 37 now!!! wavey

#101052 July 29th, 2004 at 02:37 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Happy Birthday Bunny!!!!
wavey

#101053 July 29th, 2004 at 03:19 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Bunny,
parte HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! confused
confused HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! parte
parte HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUU!!!
confused
confused HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! parte

Oh, here I go singin' again!!!!
Hope you had a good one Bunny!!!

And YES, we do miss you here!!!!
Sure wish you'd stop in more often!!!

Weezie

#101054 July 30th, 2004 at 06:47 PM
B
Bunny Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hey thanks Catlover and Weezie!! I forgot I played that joke on all you guys about my age!!! Ha ha ha! I am officially 37 years OLD. Yikes, but I'm still kicking and fighting. I noticed yesterday that my plum tomatoes are looking nearly perfect (knock on wood!) this year! I told my wife I didn't know if that was from only using rain water or just the timing of the all the rain we had this spring. Either way, my crop is looking a heck of a lot better than last year when cucumber beetles destroyed almost everything! Well, thanks again for the Happy Birthday's, my best present was a Rock, hand picked out of Lake Superior by my 7 year old and my second best present was a weather radio from my wife. Both will come in useful!

--Bunny confused

#101055 July 30th, 2004 at 06:50 PM
B
Bunny Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I don't know why that posted 3 times but you don't have to read it three times if you don't want to. Just cross your eyes when you read the first one and you'll get the same effect! laugh

--Bunny Duh

#101056 July 30th, 2004 at 10:57 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Hmmm...I don't see 3 postings....do you Weezie? wavey

#101057 July 30th, 2004 at 11:31 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Nope, I don't see 'em!!!
Must be arthritis setting in~in his posting finger wink laugh :p

Yeah, I'm remembering that Birthday now,
it's all comin' back to me now!!!