This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#10010 March 13th, 2003 at 05:24 PM
D
OP Offline
D
I live in arizona. I did not plant winter grass last winter. It is now spring time. How do I rejuvenate my grass that I planted last summer. I cut it back as far as I could. and resumed watering it. Is there something else that I need to do?

#10011 March 20th, 2003 at 11:08 PM
R
R
Hi dianna007,

I'm a horticulture student studying everythng from grass to trees, birds and bees, so I'd like to try you're challenge. But no guarantees. I live in a competely different climate than you - up here it's cool and wet.
What kind of grass are you trying to rejuvinate? Does it have another name?
Do you know what kind of soil you have - acid, alkaline? Have you had problems with the grass in past? Do you fertilize your grass?
Provide me with as much iinfo as possible and I'll see if i can help. (Aren't computers amazing?)

#10012 March 29th, 2003 at 06:47 AM
S
S
I also live in Arizona. It is not necessary to overseed with Rye in the winter. The only benefit to overseed in the winter is having a "year round" green lawn. If the grass that you have is Bermuda than you should follow a regular fertilizer schedule and watering schedule in the spring. Bermuda is very hardy in this climate and will rejuvenate itself with minimal attention. My landscaping company told me to mow my Bermuda regularly during the spring to give it maximum growing potential during the hot season. Also, if there are any gaps in your sod try putting regular garden sand in the areas and level it with your existing sod. Bermuda will grow hardy over sand..

Link Copied to Clipboard