A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Plant Manager mold in soil / brown spots on leaves / dormant plants - November 13th, 2006 at 09:03 PM
I have brown spots and holes on the leaves of the pothos plants in the office. Earlier in the fall I couldn't give enough water to the plants. Now they are saturated with water even after two weeks. This change came on quite quickly. Are my office plants dormant for the winter?? I have approx. 250 plants to maintain. Mostly pothos and some philodendrons plus assorted trees. This job was given to me and I had zero experience. I cannot seem to keep indoor ivy alive. Help !!

Plant Manager
Posted By: kennyso Re: mold in soil / brown spots on leaves / dormant plants - November 13th, 2006 at 09:10 PM
the brown spots sounds like too much water, maybe dampning off? I've had the same problem before with the water staying, must be the drainage or something, sounds like you'v egiven them too much water. I repotted mine, but I don't think you'll be able to repot some 200 plants.
Posted By: Plant Manager Re: mold in soil / brown spots on leaves / dormant plants - November 13th, 2006 at 10:36 PM
I need a good laymen's indoor plant book. Any suggestions ?
Posted By: dodge Re: mold in soil / brown spots on leaves / dormant plants - November 15th, 2006 at 10:27 AM
plant manager

Look at the top of this page where it says House plants.

You can look up lots of plants on here.

dodge gab
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]