A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: glenda home grown tomatoes in nov/dec? - November 27th, 2006 at 04:47 AM
As I look in my fridge I see that I am down to the last six of my summer grown tomatoes. I wonder if anybody out there expects to be eating home grown in december, or at Christmas?
Posted By: Woodland Garden Re: home grown tomatoes in nov/dec? - November 27th, 2006 at 06:06 AM
Last year I had them all the way to christmas. My first frost date is october 15th too.
Posted By: reba Re: home grown tomatoes in nov/dec? - November 27th, 2006 at 11:41 PM
I thought I would be eek We had a hard freeze early and everything in my little,unheated greenhouse turned to slime.My girlfriend up the block still has a flowering sungold in her greenhouse,she stuck a heater in the night of the freeze. clp I'm just going to have to rob her lala
Posted By: chenno Re: home grown tomatoes in nov/dec? - December 2nd, 2006 at 04:30 AM
I wish!!!But mine are gone for the season, with the exception of what I dried and canned;-)
Posted By: MrClint Re: home grown tomatoes in nov/dec? - December 3rd, 2006 at 07:35 AM
Yes, I need my fresh tomatoes from the garden year round. Folks around here plant a second crop in late summer for that purpose. Things can slow down during a cold spell and then really go great guns if/when it heats up.

Today it got up 80*, and I picked a few sungolds. There's another silvery fir tree just about ready and some early girls getting closer. Good times. smile
Posted By: Deborah L. Re: home grown tomatoes in nov/dec? - December 3rd, 2006 at 08:03 AM
Yep, gorgeous down here too. The nights are pretty cold and the past few nights I thought the wind would take the roof off.
Of edibles, all I have right now are my herbs, Quinalt strawberries and the Meyer lemon is covered with buds.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]