A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: GardenGuy_Gardener Bamboo Palm becoming - January 28th, 2006 at 09:15 AM
I hav a bamboo palm that i love so much! but suddenly some of its lower leaves are showing white streaks near the base of each individual frond. Its not irregular either. Each streak is excatly identical to the other! can someone please tell me whats up? thanks!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Bamboo Palm becoming - February 10th, 2006 at 04:43 AM
Up!!!

Anyone?????
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bamboo Palm becoming - February 10th, 2006 at 08:53 AM
Can you provide photos of the problem or a more detailed description?

Bamboo palms (Chamadorea erumpens) are prone to spider mites. Could this be the problem?
Posted By: murphyette Re: Bamboo Palm becoming - February 10th, 2006 at 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Cricket:
Can you provide photos of the problem or a more detailed description?

Bamboo palms (Chamadorea erumpens) are prone to spider mites. Could this be the problem?
I was thinking fungus or bugs too. Don't spider mites leave powdery type stuff in the crooks of the plant? Or am I thinking of something else?
Posted By: GardenGuy_Gardener Re: Bamboo Palm becoming - February 12th, 2006 at 01:41 AM
But its not powdery and they'res nothing wrong with it. I cant post a pic b/c my digital camera isnt working ters . It seems like its becoming verigated which is weird but can that happen?
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]