A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: angelblossom combined cactus and succulants for winter - November 8th, 2006 at 11:10 AM
I had about 11 small cactus and succulents, to bring them in would take up sooo much space this winter so I finally put to use the galvanized low pail I got in a yard sale.. I got some of these from Jimmy and some as gifts from others, so I gathered up my friends to get together this winter and stay warm.........

[Linked Image]
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: combined cactus and succulants for winter - November 8th, 2006 at 11:39 AM
Diane - that turned out really nicely!
I like the way you put the rocks in, and is that a wee Willy in there standing guard?
Posted By: angelblossom Re: combined cactus and succulants for winter - November 8th, 2006 at 12:06 PM
Thanks Lynne and YEP Wee Willy Is amoung them alright grinnnn
Posted By: comfrey Re: combined cactus and succulants for winter - November 8th, 2006 at 12:16 PM
Wow that looks great Diane!!!
Posted By: April07 Re: combined cactus and succulants for winter - November 8th, 2006 at 12:47 PM
wow... I like your arrangement.
Very nice and they happy in there.
=)
I wish to have like them too. =)
Posted By: angelblossom Re: combined cactus and succulants for winter - November 8th, 2006 at 01:17 PM
I had never put a bunch of them together before I have to admit I had to read up on it,, This pail didn't have a drain holes so I put a layer of horticulture charcol, then a layer of sand, then cactus/ succulent soil and potted on up..

Thanks April and Comfrey!!
Posted By: cinta Re: combined cactus and succulants for winter - November 8th, 2006 at 02:49 PM
That looks great. I love the way you decorated with the rocks. I like group succulents in one pot I think they look better together.
Posted By: Tonya Re: combined cactus and succulants for winter - November 8th, 2006 at 08:48 PM
Very nice Diane! I love the things you find at yard sales! You always have the neatest finds and do the coolest things with them! thumbup I love all the plants! Very healthy and happy! clp
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]