A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: dodge A CHRISTMAS CACTUS CUTTING...WHITE. - November 13th, 2006 at 12:52 AM
Hiya gang, It is 35ยบ ourside, here isn western pennsylvania, but the flowers inside are so heavely.

Take a look at my first EVER White christmas cactus, I raised it from a cutting from a lady in california..
I have never seen white in my area, and wanted to share [Linked Image]
the joy of it all with you..

Thanks for L@@king........
PS.. It is almost Thanksgiving, I want to express the Thanks to all of you for being so kind>>>>>>

Dodge clp
Posted By: angelblossom Re: A CHRISTMAS CACTUS CUTTING...WHITE. - November 13th, 2006 at 02:48 AM
Dodge! That is soooo pretty!!! How long did it take to blooms from the starts???

BTW I got your seeds the other day in the mail THANKS!!!!
Posted By: dodge Re: A CHRISTMAS CACTUS CUTTING...WHITE. - November 13th, 2006 at 05:12 AM
angel blossom,

The lady sent them to me in 2005,probably june or something, in warm weather.. I just stuck them right in the dirt and they rooted..

Say one year to 4 months.

grew nicely..
dodge
Posted By: gardeningmomma Re: A CHRISTMAS CACTUS CUTTING...WHITE. - November 13th, 2006 at 01:21 PM
That's really pretty flw
Posted By: margaret e. pell Re: A CHRISTMAS CACTUS CUTTING...WHITE. - November 13th, 2006 at 01:40 PM
So beautiful! I used to be able to grow Christmas cacti until about 4-5 years ago. Now every one that comes into this house just disassembles and dies. I think there is a virus at large in here. I llove the slight pink blush! Good luck with it!
Posted By: dodge Re: A CHRISTMAS CACTUS CUTTING...WHITE. - November 13th, 2006 at 09:52 PM
Gardeningmama ,
thanks ......

Margaretepell

Perhaps your home is sealed too tight ....I live in an older home, which does leak air..ha ha

They say some houses are so air tight this can happen.

Does anyone know ??????????//Lets hear it.

dodge
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: A CHRISTMAS CACTUS CUTTING...WHITE. - November 13th, 2006 at 10:00 PM
Wow....thats so pretty thumbup thumbup
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: A CHRISTMAS CACTUS CUTTING...WHITE. - November 13th, 2006 at 10:00 PM
Very pretty!

Whites are hard to come by here too.

I cannot, for the life of me get any cuttings of these to take root and grow! I've tried so many times it's not funny. The mother plants do very well, just can't get any babies?
Posted By: dodge Re: A CHRISTMAS CACTUS CUTTING...WHITE. - November 13th, 2006 at 10:03 PM
penny in Ontario,

Thanks so much .

While your here>..Did that envelope arrive yet?
Seeds I resent????????

I hope soon.

dodge
Posted By: dodge Re: A CHRISTMAS CACTUS CUTTING...WHITE. - November 13th, 2006 at 10:06 PM
plants n pots

Thanks for writing.

Do you know those cuttings , were just cut off an sent to me , a handful..
All I did is stuck them in the soil of another flower pot , and they rooted on their own. I counted 17 plants I own..Ha

If I have extras of the white , I will surely share.........It is beautiful an looks so healthy.

It took 3 days to come from california..Beats me why.

dodge
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: A CHRISTMAS CACTUS CUTTING...WHITE. - November 13th, 2006 at 10:30 PM
Not yet....but i am sure it will be anyday....i will let you know once they do ok.
Are you in the card swap Dodge?
Posted By: dodge Re: A CHRISTMAS CACTUS CUTTING...WHITE. - November 13th, 2006 at 10:34 PM
penny in Ontario

Whats the card swap?

dodge
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: A CHRISTMAS CACTUS CUTTING...WHITE. - November 13th, 2006 at 10:51 PM
Pm Loz and she will add your name and we are all sending our Christmas Cards to the ones on the list...but you have to pm Loz to get on that list.

Please join.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A CHRISTMAS CACTUS CUTTING...WHITE. - November 14th, 2006 at 10:15 AM
wow! that's beautiful!!!! i never knew they came in a white flower variety!!
Posted By: dodge Re: A CHRISTMAS CACTUS CUTTING...WHITE. - November 14th, 2006 at 10:19 AM
joclyn,

i didnt know either till last year.. Glad I found out...........
They sure dress are pretty characters.. THe ones I see in the store, are all pink variety, and not near as large as this one..

thanks for the nice words, and looking.

dodge
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]