A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Anonymous Please Read Me..... - July 7th, 2005 at 12:10 AM
I'd just like to ask for everyone to please refrain from chatting about things pertaining to anything outside of the area of gardening with disabilities......As much as we love to chat about our lives and general topics, we'd prefer you to do so in the Banter Hall or by way of our Personal Message system.
Banter Hall for chatting.

But please feel free to contribute any ideas or stories that you have that pertain to the topic of this forum....Thank you for reading this and being considerate...It's much appreciated....
Posted By: mike57 Re: Please Read Me..... - July 7th, 2005 at 08:40 AM
HI wavey LOZ if we have a idea that might help someone hold a tool or make life a little easyer for them and we tell them that in here is that ok? or should we do that in Banter hall? iam just curious i thought this would be a good place to share ideas with others that have a handycap.can we chat about our lives if it pretains to our health problems being handycaped and ask for help with something if it might help someone that comes in here?or am i miss undrstanding your request?
your friend in gardening.mike57 wavey flw flw
Posted By: Merme Re: Please Read Me..... - July 7th, 2005 at 09:18 AM
Hi Mike, my friend in gardening ~ wavey

Allow me to jump right in here before loz has a chance to!

Yes, please DO post anything that comes to mind that has to do with gardening with disabilities. If you have a good idea, such as your handles on the hoe, share it! thumbup If you have a particular difficulty you'd like help with, share it! thumbup If you see someone posting with a problem you have already solved or have a thought for, share that too! thumbup

Anything, anything at all that will help the person gardening with disabilities is very welcome here!!! gab

The concern that prompted loz's fine notice for this forum is the same concern all the other serious topic forums have. If people are trying to read up on a particular topic, such as gardening with disabilities, they don't want to read a bunch of chatty posts about hair dying. You see? So if we stick to the theme of the forum, we'll be learning bunches from one another and visitors will be able to find helpful stuff too!

Does that help you any, my gardening friend Mike57?

Merme
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Please Read Me..... - July 7th, 2005 at 09:44 AM
Couldn't have said it better Merme--ditto to exactly what she said.......and thank you for taking the time to ask about posting in here Mike...that was very courteous of you..... smile
Posted By: mike57 Re: Please Read Me..... - July 7th, 2005 at 10:43 AM
HI MERME AND LOZ i would like to thank you fine ladys for clarafing that for me.i understand what you are saying now.and thanks for your quick reply.looking forward to learning and helping others with there disabilities if i can.and i thank you for this section very very much it is very imfomitive on imfomation on sites and litature for the disabeled.thanks again.your friend in gardening.mike57
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Please Read Me..... - July 7th, 2005 at 08:06 PM
Sorry I think I was the one that messed up. I got very excited about the theme gardens and got off topic. Sorry Loz, it took me just about forever to figure it out. I am very slow sometimes. I had a counselling session on Tuesday and it really tore me up. I've been feeling kind of fragile since then.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Please Read Me..... - July 8th, 2005 at 12:35 AM
Tammy---I wasn't directing the above statement towards anyone in particular at all so don't worry about it--honest! Just thought that it would be nice to keep things uncluttered in here so people have an easier time find the information that they need....
Posted By: duckie Re: Please Read Me..... - December 19th, 2005 at 01:32 PM
This is a wonderful forum.
I've read all the posts here.
I am not disabled.But I know lots of other folks that are.

Sometimes young people seem like,( a little slow). :rolleyes:

your friend,
duckies' girl luv
Posted By: Debraq Re: Please Read Me..... - April 26th, 2006 at 02:21 AM
Hi, I am brand new to this site and was very pleasently surprised to see you have a gardening with handicaps area! Hip Hip Hooray.
Fianlly a place I can relate my love of gardening and trying to figure out how to do it with causing myself more pain. I have numerous conditions all of which cause me extreme pain, throughout my body.
I have to take things very slow and am always worried that I won't have time to do all I need to do to have a great garden with glorious flowers, plentiful veggies and keeping up with fertilizing, trying to keep organic with taming the bad bugs in my garden.
I have trouble with squirells eating my bulbs, slugs ( yuck ) and brown beetles eating my hibiscus plants.
Does anyone have any garden tricks or hints to help combate these problems. I use a lot of cayenne pepper, but I am always afraid it will hurt the plants. Does anyone know if it does?
I am happy I found you guys and if anyone can help anwser my questions, great!
Debra wavey
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Please Read Me..... - April 26th, 2006 at 08:21 AM
Hi, Debra..... wavey
Welcome to the forum!
I'm glad you like our Gardening With Disabilities forum!
There are a lot of good ideas and suggestions in here.
Just take your time and look around, and if you have a question on something that you don't see the answer to here, feel free to start a topic on it.

I have trouble with squirells eating my bulbs, slugs ( yuck ) and brown beetles eating my hibiscus plants.
Does anyone have any garden tricks or hints to help combate these problems. I use a lot of cayenne pepper, but I am always afraid it will hurt the plants. Does anyone know if it does?
You might was to ask that question down in the Plant Pests and Problems forum.

Nice to meet you...and welcome!

Cindy
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]