A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: gailo Regal Visitor - September 23rd, 2006 at 09:00 PM
Yesterday the weather was gorgeous. In the AM I saw an eagle in my neighbor's tree. These kinds of dead limbs are favorites of eagles and osprey. I was able to get pretty close. The eagle was watching its young fledgling hunt but wouldn't allow it to come and sit on the tree. It pointed its head to the sky and peeped when the young one came close. They sound like a cross between a gull and an osprey. It is a very small sound for such a big and noble looking bird. wink I hope you enjoy the pictures.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TulsaRose Re: Regal Visitor - September 23rd, 2006 at 09:27 PM
Gail, those pix are amazing!!! What a beautiful bird and how lucky you were to capture those shots. wink
Posted By: ButtonsMom Re: Regal Visitor - September 24th, 2006 at 02:08 AM
gailo.........what great shots! I've seen eagles flying at a distance, but only in a zoo have I seen them close up. Enjoy the view.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Regal Visitor - September 24th, 2006 at 02:36 AM
wonderful shots!!!

i love the american bald eagle and am lucky to have a small zoo right down the street from me - they have two there as permanent residents.

their enclosure is set up in a way that you can get very close to the birds and see them well. they're truly amazing and regal birds!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: Regal Visitor - September 24th, 2006 at 06:35 PM
Great shots!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Regal Visitor - September 24th, 2006 at 08:54 PM
thumbup beautiful, thank you for sharing.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]