A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Jessica00 Calla Lily Problem... - October 16th, 2006 at 04:18 AM
I bought a calla lily starter kit thing back in june but its gotten so tall that the stems are starting to bend. I repotted it in a bigger pot but its still doing the same thing and i dont know what to put it in. Please help...
Posted By: kennyso Re: Calla Lily Problem... - October 16th, 2006 at 05:16 AM
I think calla stems are supposed to bend somewhat so the leaf is almost horizontal
Posted By: porter57 Re: Calla Lily Problem... - October 16th, 2006 at 06:25 AM
i have em outside, but they ussually stay upright till they start to go dormant.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Calla Lily Problem... - October 16th, 2006 at 06:35 AM
maybe they are starting to go dormant? When did you start those seeds. I am curious where you go those starter packs, I want to try calla seed, have always loved the flowers but have never tried growing them before
Posted By: Deborah L. Re: Calla Lily Problem... - October 16th, 2006 at 06:54 AM
Don't overwater callas - they can rot at the base of the stem. If you lightly pull on the bottom of the stem and it comes right up, it's because it got mushy from dampness.
But the leaves really do go sideways somewhat, and that is normal as Kennyso says.
What colors do you all have? I love the sunset colored ones and the pinks, lavendars and yellows.
Beautiful plants !
Posted By: cinta Re: Calla Lily Problem... - October 16th, 2006 at 09:32 AM
I have two a purple that has tall arrow type leaves solid green that one tends to stand tall.

The yellow one has huge spotted leaves that one has always flopped over the leave are just so big I just thought that is what they are suppose to do.
This is the one that flops.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Deborah L. Re: Calla Lily Problem... - October 16th, 2006 at 10:18 AM
They look perfectly healthy ! thumbup
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]