A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Mrs.Bradley more rose photos - August 30th, 2006 at 10:47 AM
this one is snowfire. the petals are velvety red inside and white on the outside of each one.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TulsaRose Re: more rose photos - August 30th, 2006 at 11:04 AM
That is one gorgeous rose, Mrs. B! wink I've never seen one with that particular color combo. How is the fragrance?
Posted By: Mrs.Bradley Re: more rose photos - August 30th, 2006 at 11:18 AM
Thanks, Rosie! the scent is hard to explain. the tag when I bought it said a strong tea scent. its not really flowery,but it is sorta strong,but not overpowering...like I say,hard to explain...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: more rose photos - August 30th, 2006 at 03:50 PM
WOW! That is breath-taking!!!! clp
Posted By: nmlAlba-dC15 Re: more rose photos - August 30th, 2006 at 06:35 PM
..and here is a rose from Malaysia..
[Linked Image]

...it was originally from Hydesville, California actually...i bought it from www.amityheritageroses.com

Have a nice day... wavey
Posted By: Mrs.Bradley Re: more rose photos - August 31st, 2006 at 01:37 AM
I love the colors on that one!! I have a mini that look a lot like it. does it start out dark orange as buds, and turn pink as it opens up??
(looks like 2 different shades of rose on your plant is why I ask) if so, what is the name of it? I love that one!!

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

BTW:do you have trouble with disease on this one?
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: more rose photos - August 31st, 2006 at 02:16 AM
Those are all so pretty.
Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: more rose photos - August 31st, 2006 at 02:27 AM
All the rose pictures make me miss my roses so bad! eek
I had so many of them at the farm...back in the old days.

I had that Snowfire...got it from Jackson and Perkins. It was an easy rose to take care of...I never had much trouble with it like some of them. I think it came out the same year as Sunfire.

Anyone got a Tropicana? I loved that one. Miss it bad.
Posted By: Mrs.Bradley Re: more rose photos - August 31st, 2006 at 02:28 AM
I have lots that I dont know the names of.
whats it look like??
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: more rose photos - August 31st, 2006 at 02:40 AM
It was different shades of orange...from deep orange to a lighter orange. It bloomed constantly, and the butterflies loved it.
Posted By: Pekemom Re: more rose photos - August 31st, 2006 at 02:58 AM
Just beautiful, nml. Makes me want to learn how to care for them. I would love the fragrance around the house, too...That it originally comes from Malaysia makes it very special...
Posted By: Mrs.Bradley Re: more rose photos - August 31st, 2006 at 04:10 AM
Duh that may be what my mini is. starts out dark orange when it first buds and gets lighter. just before I dead head, it is hot pink/pink. its gorgeous!! angell

I have always wondered what the name was of this one. smile
Posted By: TulsaRose Re: more rose photos - August 31st, 2006 at 04:44 AM
I have a Tropicana, a hybrid Tea Rose, and it hasn't done diddly this year. In fact, I've been disappointed in it for several years but my mom gave it to me the year before she passed away and I hate to get rid of it. wink The first year or two, it was beautiful...but that's history. They are very prone to mildew, black spot, bugs, etc. here. It may be different in other climates.

I didn't even get any good pictures this year due to so few blooms. I snagged this one from a website...
[Linked Image]

Mrs. B, this is all the info I have on one of my famous, stoopid online orders from Springhill Nursery and it included some lovely orange mini-roses that sound like what you described...Orange Honey. I say "stoopid" because all of them croaked except the Green Ice which have done very well in a large container on the front porch.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bestofour Re: more rose photos - August 31st, 2006 at 10:59 AM
So beautiful. Me too Cindy. I used to have roses. I always thought the red ones smelled the best.
Posted By: nmlAlba-dC15 Re: more rose photos - September 3rd, 2006 at 06:32 PM
Hi everyone...

n Bestofour has my package of Orthosiphon reached u?? Hope the cuttings r o.k...

Mrs B. ... think itz da light that makes it look as if there were two colours... or may b as da bloom ages da colour just lightens a bit...think this one is quite trouble-free... i have some which have 'become naked!!'...leaves turn yellow n drop off...mites, i think!!?...but still hanging on there...i have sprayed n sprayed n yet...still naked,looking so sick n sooo sad.. well... growing roses can b very frustrating n exasperating!!! But i dont give up.....

Woops..pekemon...this particular rose originates from Hydesville, California!!
wavey
Posted By: plantqueen Re: more rose photos - September 6th, 2006 at 04:20 AM
I have rose bush that is getting very leggy so to speak. Can I cut it way down? If so, when should I do that?
Posted By: Rosepetal Re: more rose photos - September 8th, 2006 at 09:51 PM
Hi thought I'd share my rose too.

Planted this mini rose this year and it's blooming steadily.

[Linked Image]

My daughter took this picture right after rain.
Posted By: nmlAlba-dC15 Re: more rose photos - September 10th, 2006 at 02:03 PM
Wow...what a very 'delectable' rose...love da color...
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]