A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Wrennie Finally I got my veggies in! - May 25th, 2006 at 11:33 PM
Dont laugh all you zone 10, 9, 8, people! :p Us cold Z5 people are just putting in seeds now! wink
So I got in a bunch of tomatoes; brandeywine, oregon spring bush, san marzano, sun gold, supersweet 100 and some basil, parsley, and dill. Also moved my strawberries into the fenced in garden. The bean and zuccini seeds I had were very left over. I'll see in a week or two if I should go buy some plants instead! Duh
My friend in TX has been eating produce from her garden for weeks. She cant fathom that I'm just able to put things in the ground now.
We're supposed to have a very warm memorial day weekend so I'm hoping that will give everything a good get go.
Yay, finally! I cant wait for fresh from the garden dinners!
Posted By: johnCT Re: Finally I got my veggies in! - May 26th, 2006 at 01:35 AM
Good for you! I'd be interested in your opinions on comparing Sungold to the Sweet 100 cherries. Let us know. thumbup
Posted By: chenno Re: Finally I got my veggies in! - May 26th, 2006 at 01:45 AM
Wrennie

I hear ya!! I won't finish completly till this weekend.we just had frost last week.yikes.
but, 85 this weekend they say,woo hoo
Garden here I come..
I also cannot wait for garden dinners:-)
Have a good day
Angie
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Finally I got my veggies in! - May 26th, 2006 at 02:04 AM
I don't!!!

Well, some are, some are still waiting..
This weather we've been having is soooooo cold here..
We had a frost warning about 6 days ago...
I do have some cuke's out, *with juice jug protextion* and radishes, chives, lettuce/romaine,
peas and pumpkins, water melons and cantaloupes, *they are also under juice jugs*
(but the slugs are having a field day with these wet and cool days).
Corn is going to be seeded today, and I just have to wait a bit more, *cause we're getting another cold front today and tomorrow and they said we should be out of the woods after that.*

Then I'll put in my tomatoes, peppers, assorted squashes, the rest after that...
Posted By: Danno Re: Finally I got my veggies in! - May 26th, 2006 at 11:42 AM
smile I JUST got mine in tonight! Supposed to be 80's this whole weekend WOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

Check me out! My wife has to go change my diapers now that i got all this done! wavey

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Deborah L. Re: Finally I got my veggies in! - May 26th, 2006 at 12:54 PM
I'm not laffin', Wrennie !
Your garden will be great ! thumbup
Posted By: Greenthumb newbee Re: Finally I got my veggies in! - May 28th, 2006 at 05:21 PM
Wrennie, Don`t feel bad I`m 1 1/2 states under you and I`m just getting it all done this weekend. We also had that touch of frost a few weeks ago as well. On thing you`ve got over most of us is this. Cold weather crops I`d bet grow GREAT out there like lettuce,cabbage,brussle sprouts and Brocculi among other things.
Posted By: elkwc36 Re: Finally I got my veggies in! - May 29th, 2006 at 12:57 AM
Wrennie I'm just finishing mine here in KS. I usually put in my last on Memorial day weekend. Usually have a great late crop that way. Best of luck. Jay
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]