A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Colorado Cindy morning glories - September 26th, 2006 at 07:37 AM
This summer, I grew morning glories to cover my trellis' on my deck. When I lived in Pennsylvania, morning glories grew wild and rampant (as did sweet peas and honeysuckle). I never had to do anything with them, they were just there. Northern Colorado along the Front Range, however, is a whole different climate. Fall is here, we've already had our first frost, and I wanted to know whether I should cut back my morning glories or leave the old vines on the trellis, whether I should cover them like I do my climbing roses, and whether, in a climate like this where they are not native, they will come back next year or if I will have to replant them like my annuals. We don't get a lot of snow here, most of it stays in the mountains. The winter temps are generally mild (40s and 50s in Dec and Jan), but it can get very windy and cold (subzero)at times. Our greatest chance for snowfall comes between February and April, when blizzards will blow in. But the ground also is very dry because of these condition. I'd appreciate any advice I can get on this. Thanks.
Posted By: njoynit Re: morning glories - September 26th, 2006 at 09:21 PM
morning glories are annuals you can cut them back and save some seeds& let the rest fall in the bed.
Posted By: Colorado Cindy Re: morning glories - September 27th, 2006 at 07:20 AM
Thanks for your help.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]