A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: chermoni Plants that eat spiders? - October 2nd, 2006 at 09:31 AM
I don't have any experience growing carnivorous plants and I was wondering if there is a good plant that spiders can get trapped into. We seem to have a bit of a spider problem in our house, mainly what we're worried about is hobo spiders. My boyfriend just got bit for the 2nd time this year. ters
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Plants that eat spiders? - October 3rd, 2006 at 12:38 AM
Ohhh I wish I knew!! I was bitten once And It Stunk!! Good luck with your search I hope you find something!!
Posted By: kennyso Re: Plants that eat spiders? - October 3rd, 2006 at 06:23 AM
Would a pitcher plant work?
Posted By: kennyso Re: Plants that eat spiders? - October 3rd, 2006 at 06:23 AM
Actually no...dunt they only attract bugs with their nectar?
Posted By: rubberbandman Re: Plants that eat spiders? - October 3rd, 2006 at 09:09 AM
where I live we have to worry about brown recluse spiders.

P.S. What part of Seattle are you from? My family and me are moving to Renton WA just outside Seattle.
Posted By: chermoni Re: Plants that eat spiders? - October 3rd, 2006 at 11:11 AM
I'm actually in the city in a neighborhood called Ballard.
Posted By: Patty S Re: Plants that eat spiders? - October 3rd, 2006 at 03:40 PM
Gosh, I feel for you Chermoni, but I can't help you much in the spider-trapping plant department. Duh There was a "Spider" topic here earlier this year, that you might want to take a look at. (Sorry, but no plants were mentioned that trap spiders... only the ones that attract them!) eek
I HATE spiders & creepy-crawlys!

What The Plant Doc said there, about putting deodorant on spider bites, was interesting (although I'm almost sure that he meant antiperspirant). I think that's a handy thing to know... & so is the moth ball thing, but I don't know if I could stand the house smelling like that!

[Linked Image] Hey... just wanted to mention that I went to Ballard High!
I was going to mention a few more things about that, but my few things got pretty wordy grinnnn

Getting back on track now... I do hope someone will come along here & offer more help with your spider problem than I have!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]