A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: badplanter seed packet envelopes ~ keep - November 6th, 2006 at 08:40 AM
Anybody know where I can get them, considering I don't have the capability to order online? laugh laugh laugh
Maybe Walmart, or a florist, or something?
Right now they're wrapped up in paper towels, which isn't too good... laugh laugh

Thanks thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: seed packet envelopes ~ keep - November 6th, 2006 at 08:46 AM
I make my own out of paper and tape....might be a bit time consuming but did I mention it's cheap? laugh

Most places around here have put their seed stuff away until spring.
Posted By: kennyso Re: seed packet envelopes ~ keep - November 6th, 2006 at 08:53 AM
Haven't seen you here before Mark! you can go to the links to eed templates that weezie set up, BTW did you get a jade?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: seed packet envelopes ~ keep - November 6th, 2006 at 02:37 PM
i just use plain old copier paper...cut it, fold, tape. i make tabs on the sides and fold them over and tape. then i fold the top down...i make the fold below the front piece so that the seeds can't work their way out...and tape it.
Posted By: sibyl Re: seed packet envelopes ~ keep - November 7th, 2006 at 01:50 AM
i also make my own. trace, cut, fold and tape or glue.
its chep and fun to make em yourself!
Posted By: clawgirl Re: seed packet envelopes ~ keep - November 7th, 2006 at 06:50 AM
I use my junk mail envelopes to make seed packets -- it's a great way to recycle!

clawgirl
Posted By: Anonymous Re: seed packet envelopes ~ keep - November 7th, 2006 at 08:06 AM
ahh!! that's a good idea!!!
Posted By: badplanter Re: seed packet envelopes ~ keep - November 7th, 2006 at 08:14 AM
Originally posted by kennyso:
Haven't seen you here before Mark! you can go to the links to eed templates that weezie set up, BTW did you get a jade?
Yup, Kenny-- first time collecting seeds, so first time in here! laugh laugh
(Nope, no jade yet.. I explained in my thread about it.. laugh )

Thanks so much everybody, for all the ideas! thumbup
Posted By: comfrey Re: seed packet envelopes ~ keep - November 7th, 2006 at 08:14 AM
In the craft department at WM they have 100 little zip lock bags for 99 cents.
Posted By: dodge Re: seed packet envelopes ~ keep - November 8th, 2006 at 09:50 AM
I use my tea bag holders for bags..
Just beware , the seeds must be very dry to put them into plastic bags an seal them.

Rot fast...........

However walmart has them where the craft section is in my area........

dodge
Posted By: Lorena Re: seed packet envelopes ~ keep - November 13th, 2006 at 09:51 AM
I print some out and trade with them smile

Lorena
Posted By: roflol Re: seed packet envelopes ~ keep - November 13th, 2006 at 10:11 AM
I haven't bought tea that comes in individual little paper packages in a while, but I like barb's suggestion of recycling those tea envelopes for seed packets; I'll have to remember that next time.

I went to Wal-Mart looking for the small brown envelopes but didn't find them so wound up with a package of paper coin wrappers for under a dollar instead.

Sure, they have printing on them but there's still space for writing - so... fine felt-tipped marker to write what's in them, two folds at the ends and two pieces of tape to seal, and almost instant seed packet. I appreciate the pretty ones of course, but at this point in my life time is kind of tight (as in I'm supposed to be working right now) so some things just have to be *done*, not done *artfully*. grinnnn
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]