A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: stokes4show Cucumber and Cantaloupes - June 14th, 2006 at 02:08 PM
Hey you Guys this is Jarrin again..when are my Cucumber and Cantaloupes start to grow on..mine already have blooms
Posted By: eclo Re: Cucumber and Cantaloupes - June 14th, 2006 at 02:31 PM
I dont do a whole lot of vegatable gardening... I grow a few tomatoes and some bell peppers but my Father in Law grows cucumbers, zucchini and watermelon and around here we wont see any fruiting till about mid july... you oughta be seeing some fruit about mid june tho....
Posted By: Amigatec Re: Cucumber and Cantaloupes - June 14th, 2006 at 02:36 PM
I have already started picking my cucks, it doesn't take long after they bloom.
Posted By: stokes4show Re: Cucumber and Cantaloupes - June 14th, 2006 at 02:53 PM
Thanx to both of you and I messed up badly i planted cucmmbers in the middle of my garden and th eare leaning over the lettuce what should i do
Posted By: Greenthumb newbee Re: Cucumber and Cantaloupes - June 14th, 2006 at 03:56 PM
That won`t hurt the lettuce but it WILL make it hard to get to them to harvest. I had the same thing happen myself but It was squash that got overgrown.Lettuce grew just fine but it made it hard to get to without hurting the other plants.
Posted By: stokes4show Re: Cucumber and Cantaloupes - June 14th, 2006 at 11:43 PM
thanx
Posted By: Amigatec Re: Cucumber and Cantaloupes - June 15th, 2006 at 11:44 AM
You might try adding a trellis of some kind.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Cucumber and Cantaloupes - June 15th, 2006 at 01:00 PM
Or some rabbit fencing between two posts/poles/stakes...
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]