A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: twwright Blue Potato Bush - November 13th, 2006 at 12:55 AM
I live in Central Texas, mild winters, hot summers, clay soil with lots of amendments added. I have two Blue Potato Bush plants that performed like champs all growing season. However the leaves are now turning a light green leaning toward yellowing. I have applied Miracle-Gro, Seaweed, Fish Emulsion and Compost trying to get the nitrogen and iron percentage up for greening but it's still doing the same thing. I am wondering about the soil acidity that the plant desires. Anyone know what this plant prefers? I am wondering if it should be more acidic that it is. It is currently around a ph of 7.5-8.0. Size of plants is approximately 6 ft by 6 ft. each. Thanks for any help.

Terry in Texas
Posted By: netty Re: Blue Potato Bush - November 13th, 2006 at 02:51 AM
Hi Terry wavey
I can't help you much with the acidity question, but I have a Blue Potato Bush that does the same thing every fall when I bring it in for the winter. It is VERY tempermental and any changes at all to it's growing conditions makes it turn yellow and drop leaves. It always perks back up.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Blue Potato Bush - November 13th, 2006 at 07:28 AM
not to mention terry, you may have over fed it in your attempt to happy it up. i've done that.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]