A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: jabethkailey3 Boxwoods being killed! - April 13th, 2006 at 09:18 AM
We have a house that is three years old, and has several american boxwoods in the flowerbed out front. I have other flowering plants in there now, and all have been doing really great in past years, but all of the sudden my boxwoods are looking a little dry, then mostly dry, then dead, and whatever is doing it literally from one side of the bush to the whole thing, then to the start of another. we've lost them one by one gradually. I've treated, but have no idea why just the boxwoods are being attacked, or what it could be. Someone mentioned a root beatle? what could I do for that? Please HELP!
Posted By: Buglady Re: Boxwoods being killed! - April 13th, 2006 at 10:59 AM
without seeing them its hard to tell but i would guess English Boxwood Decline. Here is a link with some information.

Major Diseases of Boxwood

There are many problems with boxwoods these days. Plant breeders are working hard these days to breed plants that are resistant to these issues.
Posted By: kyjoy Re: Boxwoods being killed! - April 13th, 2006 at 11:19 PM
Do you have a dog that may be using your boxwoods as a fire hydrant?
Posted By: jabethkailey3 Re: Boxwoods being killed! - April 14th, 2006 at 05:00 AM
THe first suggestion looks more viable than the second since there are no dogs in the cove. Thanks a bunch!!!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]