A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Mrs.Bradley pics from one of my roses - August 14th, 2006 at 08:30 AM
this is my 3rd batch of perfecta this year and are lots smaller than the earlier ones,but still beautiful...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TulsaRose Re: pics from one of my roses - August 14th, 2006 at 09:57 AM
GORGEOUS!!! Your pictures make me want to try Roses again after having dismal luck with them in the past. wink
Posted By: gardenfairy Re: pics from one of my roses - August 14th, 2006 at 10:41 AM
Those are GORGEOUS!!!! I wish mine looked as good!
Posted By: gailo Re: pics from one of my roses - August 14th, 2006 at 11:24 AM
Awesome. The weather here is so hard on roses I have decide to remove mine. I am sick of fighting black spot. That is my next project.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: pics from one of my roses - August 14th, 2006 at 11:34 AM
OHHHHHHHHH MY GAWDDDDDDD!!!
THOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!

What is the name of the second one??? flw
Posted By: Bestofour Re: pics from one of my roses - August 14th, 2006 at 02:03 PM
do they smell as good as they look?
Posted By: Mrs.Bradley Re: pics from one of my roses - August 14th, 2006 at 02:55 PM
For Weezie...they are both perfecta by Kordes.can you believe,they are both off of the same bush??!

for Best o four...yes. they sure do smell really good.=)
Posted By: comfrey Re: pics from one of my roses - August 14th, 2006 at 03:22 PM
Oh those are so pretty!!! And I can almost smell them down here in Arkansas.
Posted By: badplanter Re: pics from one of my roses - August 14th, 2006 at 03:25 PM
very nice pics!!! they look great! thumbup
Posted By: comfrey Re: pics from one of my roses - August 15th, 2006 at 06:31 AM
Here is a picture of a rose on the only rose bush I have. The name of it is Fragrant Cloud and it does smell wonderful!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: eClaire Re: pics from one of my roses - August 15th, 2006 at 07:09 AM
beautiful!!! mine are all diseased with black spot and mildew this year frown

i am jealous!
Posted By: comfrey Re: pics from one of my roses - August 15th, 2006 at 12:08 PM
I really don't know anything about roses, except they need rose food and watered and pruned, other then that I always call my mom who has roses everywhere and grows them with no problems. I recieved this rose bush as a mother's day gift last year from my step son or I wouldn't have roses, I love them, but they do require some care to thrive.
Posted By: TulsaRose Re: pics from one of my roses - August 15th, 2006 at 11:27 PM
A friend on another forum posted her tip on keeping Black Spot off her Roses and there was an interesting dialogue about it. But, I tried it and it does work! Just lightly sprinkle plain ol' cornmeal around the rootline of the Rose about once a month. There is something about the gluten in the cornmeal creating a fungus, I think, that prohibits the black spot fungus. It is also good for preventing Powdery Mildew. You can check out the results of a Google search for more information. Lots of good home remedies out there. Cornmeal and Black Spot search
Posted By: ND farm girl Re: pics from one of my roses - August 16th, 2006 at 02:40 AM
Can somebody tell me what black spot looks like?? I have roses for the first time - actually planted quite a few this spring, 5 of them had pretty cream-colored roses on them here and there once in a while, now have had nothing. Two different kinds, one I know is the double rose knockout - that blooms really nice. I have no idea why the others won't do anything.
Posted By: trystogolf2 Re: pics from one of my roses - August 16th, 2006 at 02:55 AM
I started a rose garden yr. and used the bayer rose food and desiese food on them ones a month and they have done great. and it has been very hot here in WA for are normal weather so I have watered about every other day or so and they are just going like heck
Posted By: TulsaRose Re: pics from one of my roses - August 16th, 2006 at 03:21 AM
ND, Black Spot will show up on the foliage of your Roses as "black spots" and the leaves will turn yellow and drop. If the fungus is not taken care of, it can literally strip a Rose bush. All diseased parts should be removed and destroyed...not thrown in the compost.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: comfrey Re: pics from one of my roses - August 16th, 2006 at 03:50 AM
There is an all purpose rose spray at Walmart and I'm sure alot of other places also, that you can get that will take care of most problems roses can have. But removing the affected parts is still necessary.
Posted By: ND farm girl Re: pics from one of my roses - August 16th, 2006 at 04:01 AM
Hmmm, nope - don't have black spot.
Posted By: comfrey Re: pics from one of my roses - August 16th, 2006 at 04:09 AM
ND farm girl....Are you feeding your roses??? Also there are a few roses that only bloom once during the season. Mine stop blooming if I have forgotten to feed them. Then I add the rose food to the soil and within a week they will have new growth and start getting buds on them again.
Posted By: ND farm girl Re: pics from one of my roses - August 16th, 2006 at 04:14 AM
I'll try that. I had sprinkled a rose food around the base of them, but it says it feeds up to 3 months. ?? I'm going to go do that today to see if it helps. They are a hybrid tea rose I think?
Posted By: weezie13 Re: pics from one of my roses - August 16th, 2006 at 04:31 AM
I had sprinkled a rose food around the base of them, but it says it feeds up to 3 months. ??
Where are you locatedddddddddddddd???
ND?
Is that North Dakota????????

If I lived there, personally I would NOT feed my roses' now, especially a 3 month feed...
*That keeps them too green for tooooooo long into the weather/season and can hurt your plant*
Posted By: ND farm girl Re: pics from one of my roses - August 16th, 2006 at 05:09 AM
Oh yah- that's right! I was just reading the thread about when to stop fertilizing - thanks for pointing that out! I do plan on moving the roses though...any tips? Should I put anything in the bottom of the hole when planting them?
Posted By: weezie13 Re: pics from one of my roses - August 16th, 2006 at 09:42 AM
When are you moving them?

Maybe what I would do if I were you
is go to a NEW POST in the Flower Section
and post a whole brand new post/thread on it..
and then this thread won't get toooooooo far
off of topic... shocked wink wink

And then we can give you some pointers or hints..
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]