A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Powderhunter Faded green/yellowing Rose Bushes - June 25th, 2006 at 11:24 AM
Any ideas what would be causing this? I think I'm watering them enough, however I'm not sure what yellowing/fading green leaves/steams means. Does this color indicate they're in dire need of fertilizer? Any of you rose experts advice would be great. Thanks.

Patrick
Posted By: Powderhunter Re: Faded green/yellowing Rose Bushes - June 26th, 2006 at 09:31 AM
Anyone? Duh
Posted By: Longy Re: Faded green/yellowing Rose Bushes - June 26th, 2006 at 10:11 AM
There are many reasons why plant leaves lose colour and go yellow. It could be a deficiency, so fertilizing may be required, it could be a pest such as red spider mite. It could be a problem with drainage or too much water, or the soil Ph could be out.
When did you last give them a feed? How long have they been in that spot? Did they grow OK last year? Is it the older leaves, younger leaves or all the plant? Are the growth tips browning off? CAn you take a foto?
Posted By: Powderhunter Re: Faded green/yellowing Rose Bushes - June 29th, 2006 at 01:18 PM
Here are some pictures of the rose bushes. They took off so well, but have been floundering now. I've only given them one feeding of vertilizer this year. I think the watering is okay. They are one year old and grew well last year. Let me know what you think. I'm going to give them some fertilizer this weekend. We'll see what happens. Thanks a bunch.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: kyjoy Re: Faded green/yellowing Rose Bushes - June 30th, 2006 at 04:58 AM
They could be getting too much water.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]