A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: tkhooper Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 8th, 2006 at 06:40 PM
Part II of the Fall Fling Seed Exchange starting now. Do you think I should cut and paste the rules at the front here?

The deadline for mailing your seeds is October 27th.

The following is from tkhooper:

RULES
1. Please try to put at least 20 seeds per pack.
Send a pack of seeds that you would be happy receiving!
2. Mail your seeds no later than October 27th.
3. Send a wishlist of the seed you would like with the understanding that I'll do my best but can't guarantee that you will get what you hope for.
4. Send a SASBE (self-addressed stamped bubble envelope) with your seeds. Please make sure you have enough return postage on the envelope.
5. Please limit the maximum number of seed packs per envelope to 100. Multiple mailings are ok!
6. I will do my best to get your seeds to you by Thanksgiving.

The following is from me:
NOTICE! All seed packs will be cataloged.
If you send weed seeds we will be able to track who they came from, and you will be banned from participating in future seed swaps, and your name will be posted in the Seed Exchange forum as a "risk"!

If you'd like to participate in this Swap, please PM Tammy (tkhooper) for her address to mail your seeds.

It seemed like a good idea. That way if there are late comers they can find all the information.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 8th, 2006 at 08:23 PM
Perfect Tammy. thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 8th, 2006 at 10:47 PM
Looks good. Checking in here so I can keep on top of things!
Posted By: roflol Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 9th, 2006 at 05:54 AM
Is anybody sending in purple hyacinth bean vine seeds?

I read about white being sent in, sounds like they will be rare so I won't ask - will leave to somebody who can reliably "make more".

So wondered about purple (or any other color for that matter), and if I might ask for that in the big swap (I know, TK, I only said a few things, I guess I had one more in me, lol).

shocked
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 9th, 2006 at 06:01 AM
I should have some to harvest in a few days time..... wavey
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 9th, 2006 at 06:20 AM
I've added them to your wish list Roflol. Of course I can't guarentee anything. It depends on what comes in and how many requests there are for them. I will do my best of course.
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 9th, 2006 at 07:41 AM
Tammy, did you want us to send you our wish list also? I am keeping mine extremely simple and had planned on sending it with the seeds and my final count of seed packets.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 9th, 2006 at 06:47 PM
Hi Sarah,

You can just add your wishlist to your envelope of seeds. But if you forget to put it in there you can pm me your wishlist so I still get it. I was so excited the first year I joined the fall fling I ended up having to send several parcels because I kept on forgetting to put things in the envelope. Like the return envelope, and then I forgot the stamps, and the wishlist. Sometimes I can be really disorganized if I get excited. That's why I'm trying to be very organized from the very beginning with this so that everyone gets a wonderful selection of seeds.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 9th, 2006 at 08:37 PM
just poppin in to see how things are going!
Tammy
how many have joined so far?
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 9th, 2006 at 09:02 PM
It's around the same number of participants Sibyl. How are you doing? Everything comming along ok?

I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to put the seeds during my dinner party on Friday lol. I'm sure I'll figure out something right after I manage to find a 4th chair lol.

Sometimes I volunteer for things before I think it through. But it will all be fine.
Posted By: Bill Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 9th, 2006 at 09:10 PM
if you need any help, holler
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 10th, 2006 at 12:17 AM
Does that mean you'll fly down and cook on friday?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Just kidding.
The seed exchange is going fine. It's the dinner party I'm worried about. I have really limited space and with the seeds spread out finding a place for the dinners took alittle thought. But all is fine. Thursday I'll go to the store for the fresh stuff and Friday we eat.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 10th, 2006 at 11:07 PM
I should be getting mine ready to send out this week! thumbup muggs
Posted By: Rite2u Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 11th, 2006 at 12:05 AM
Well,
I have 70 seed packets ready to mail, Tammy. Various sunflower varieties...If anyone is curious about what my sunflowers look like, I have posted pictures over the last several months on Michael's sunflower garden (A sunflower garden) topic.
I'll probably go by the post office in the morning on my way in to work...I will try not to forget to inclue the return postage or my wish list. smile...
Rite
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 11th, 2006 at 12:31 AM
Outstanding you are all doing wonderful.

Comfrey, you get kudos for the first package of seeds to arrive. I counted 31 packets too so we are off to a good start. Thankyou for your participation and such great seeds.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 11th, 2006 at 01:34 AM
You have mail Tammy!!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 11th, 2006 at 03:00 AM
Now you have mail Penny lol.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 11th, 2006 at 07:19 AM
ok...You've reeled me in. lol! I'll PM you. (My computer crashed and I lost alllll my addresses. frown )
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 11th, 2006 at 10:07 AM
Welcome to the Fall Fling. I'm so glad you are joining.
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 11th, 2006 at 05:26 PM
I will be sending out my seed packets today TK.....there will be at least 75 packets...I wish all my seeds were ready....lol
I will still have moon flowers coming in...(just checked a pod on Tuesday, the seeds are still white inside....I think they need to turn more brownish. come on mother nature....lol
[Linked Image] I should be cleaning the house, but gardening is much more fun

Kratz7
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 11th, 2006 at 07:03 PM
Thankyou Charlie for getting your seeds in so soon. If the other seeds do ripen before the 27th multiple mailings are ok.

I know exactly what you mean about doing gardening chores rather than cleaning the house. I do the same thing.

Thankyou so much for joining the Fall Fling. Have a great day.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 11th, 2006 at 08:11 PM
Thanks for answering my question Tammy!!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 12th, 2006 at 12:04 AM
Your very welcome Penny.

I've been out checking the social services crepe myrtle today since I had to go there anyway. And I got a bunch of seed pods. Hopefully some of them will still have seeds in them. They are hard for me to tell if they are open or not. Probably because I won't ware my glasses like I should.

Anyway there may just be enough for a package.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 13th, 2006 at 06:17 AM
Not too late to join if anyone else is interested....if so send a PM to Tammy. thumbup
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 13th, 2006 at 06:29 AM
C'mon guys, it's fun! More people the merrier!
Posted By: njoynit Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 13th, 2006 at 10:36 AM
Do we know how many we are?

I've been readying mine.I think I'll just send mine in a box.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 13th, 2006 at 11:28 AM
ill be sending mine out this weekend! still no love-lies-bleeding, but i do have till the 27th, grinnnn
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 14th, 2006 at 01:24 AM
think anyone would want yacca seeds?
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 14th, 2006 at 06:10 AM
You can send in yucca seeds. I like them. We have around 25 members currently signed in. And you are right it is like christmas. Hope you are all enjoying it as much as I am.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 14th, 2006 at 06:18 PM
Hi Kratz7 your seeds arrived today. Sorry it's taken so long for me to get on the web today. I managed to stay busy all day lol. And then I forgot to send this until today. I guess I was alittle off yesterday. I get like that when I get tired.

I counted 80 seed packets. Thankyou so much for getting your seeds in so early. That always helps.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 15th, 2006 at 12:40 AM
I just harvested some morning glory seeds so I'm gonna package them up and get mine sent out monday....I was waiting in hopes of getting purple hyacinth vine but the freeze took mine all out. :p
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 15th, 2006 at 06:54 AM
Don't you just hate when that happens? You're expecting to collect those pods an dall of a sudden bam, the frost kills everything. Happened to me too, but not with hyacinth beans, with sunset runner beans, and I was going to send Tammy another packet with more seeds too :frustrated:
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 15th, 2006 at 07:06 AM
It is VERY frustrating, they weren't quite ready to harvest and I thought they'd pull through okay but they were all shriveled up and ruined. :p :p :p
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 15th, 2006 at 07:32 AM
Hey Loz Or Triss Or anyone that knows laugh laugh lala laugh

What is the name of the flower that after is drys up the kids have fun making them "POP"
It's one I'd like on my seed wish list!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 15th, 2006 at 08:47 AM
Balsam, also called touch me nots? Is that what you are thinking of? The seed pots explode when you touch them.....I'm sending in some packs of pink/purple ones. thumbup
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 15th, 2006 at 10:02 AM
YESSS!!! That's it!! Thanks Loz!! kissies thumbup flw
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 15th, 2006 at 10:14 AM
thumbup I like them, once you plant them you'll have them pretty much forever even though they are an annual, it's all those seeds they drop.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 15th, 2006 at 10:16 AM
thumbup Kewl!!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 15th, 2006 at 07:33 PM
!!!!WARNING!!!

Please make sure that you have secured the packets so the seeds cannot escape. I currently have a little pile of seeds that have escaped from several different packets. So if you receive a packet without 20 seeds in it let me know and I'll try to get you a make up packet. It may not be the same kind of seed but I'll try to make sure it is something nice.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 16th, 2006 at 08:09 AM
went out side today and about all of my flowers got frozed! even the ones i coverd up didnt look so good, eek i was hopein to send more in,
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 16th, 2006 at 08:14 AM
Tammy,
you could toss those loose seeds in a packet and wright surprize seed pack on it!
i like surprizes wink
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 16th, 2006 at 08:39 AM
I harvested Jewel of opar seeds today WOW SOOO many come from such a small seed pod it's the size of a "bb" and filled with tiny black seeds, I started this in the Spring (from TK) thumbup and it has given me many many seeds! they will be sent with my other seeds.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 16th, 2006 at 05:57 PM
the petunias are really fine seeds too. I find that if I put them in a folded bit of wax paper inside my seed packet they are easier to get out when I want to plant them.

Hey Sybil, I'm sorry that all your flowers froze. I keep thinking when I walk outside that I will find all of the lettuce frozen but so far so good.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 16th, 2006 at 09:45 PM
Here postman, here postman...I am so ready for more seeds. I'm enjoying seeing what everyone sent in. I feel like I'm right in the middle of Santa's Workshop. I am so loving this.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 16th, 2006 at 10:03 PM
My seeds are being mailed this week and i believe i have 30 packs with your name on it Tammy!!!!
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 16th, 2006 at 11:06 PM
I'm going to get my seeds mailed out this week also. Unfortunately, I can't put in any obedient plant seeds because it has been misting for 2 days and is supposed to keep it up all week. If, by some miracle, I am able to harvest and dry them in time, I'll just send them in later. I'm so excited!! Thanks again, Tammy!

Sarah
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 17th, 2006 at 12:03 AM
Tammy, I swear I'm getting old. I went down to the post office to get a flat rate box to stick my seeds and the return envelope in....I have my envelope pre-labeled, seeds ready to go and everything.

I then realized I didn't have your address with me! laugh frown laugh I felt like such an idiot.

Sooooooo, since my car still isn't running mom is taking me back down to the PO tomorrow. thumbup
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 17th, 2006 at 12:17 AM
Thanks Loz!!!!!! I totally forgot about the return envelope kissies thumbup thumbup thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 17th, 2006 at 12:28 AM
laugh Ha ha ha, my forgetfulness actually helped--that's funny. laugh

I was going to send mine in an envelope with one inside, but there isn't room for another one inside so I'm gonna have to do a box. thumbup
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 17th, 2006 at 01:04 AM
Hey tcmers, your seeds arrived today. Marvelous selection of seeds. These are great seeds. I counted 106 seed packets.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 17th, 2006 at 01:11 AM
It did help or otherwise i would have gotten a PM from Tammy wondering where the other envelope is laugh thumbup thumbup thumbup
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 17th, 2006 at 01:19 AM
Hey Penny that sounds great I'm looking forward to getting them.

Landofoz I'm looking forward to your seeds too. Hope you get a clear day for the obiedient plant but if not I'll look forward to a second package.

Hey Loz & Penny, you should ask Belinda about missing items and me. And I sent in multiple envelopes too so it got to be rather hilarious. I don't think I ever did get everything in one box. lol.

Belinda was incredibly patient with me and I hope I can do her justice with this Fall Fling.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 17th, 2006 at 06:45 AM
Sending mine out this weekend TK Still waiting on P Hy Bean vine Their not ready to open yet eek If still not ready by saturday I'll just mail what I have! thumbup
Posted By: Triss Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 17th, 2006 at 06:56 AM
Boy I was getting scared there for a minute thinking I was getting way too close to the deadline. Was happy to go back and read that I still have 11 more days to get my seeds in the mail.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 17th, 2006 at 10:33 PM
i was sapost to mail mine out this weekend but didnt get around to it till today, my mail lady came all the way up my drive way to ask what was in the envolope! guess i gotta let her know what i mail out in the bubble envolopes,
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 18th, 2006 at 03:45 AM
I send tow bubble envelopes and one came back to me today.........after two weeks!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 18th, 2006 at 07:26 AM
OOPS! Sorry Tam! Guess I can't count! LOL! (I swear I read the rules and thought I put less than 100 packs in there!)
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 18th, 2006 at 08:24 AM
Originally posted by kennyso:
I send tow bubble envelopes and one came back to me today.........after two weeks!
When I first got it I though I didn't put enough postage on it (I only stuck on a stamp) and now I was about to put more stamps on it, I just realized that I forgot to cover up my address and put Tammy's over it. talk about being over excited!
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 18th, 2006 at 09:59 AM
Kenny,
you only put one stamp on it? i wasnt shure so i put 5, of the 39cents stamps on mine. i should of asked the mail laddy if that was enough,
Posted By: PartyGirl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 18th, 2006 at 12:21 PM
Tammy, I am here, reading, and still sending seeds, but I am waiting until the 11th hour to see if more stuff in the garden ripens in time.
Posted By: Rite2u Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 18th, 2006 at 03:27 PM
Tammy,
Did you get my seed packets yet?
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 18th, 2006 at 07:00 PM
Hi rite2u I did get your seed packets. I thought I had posted that when I received them but I might of missed. I'm sorry that I didn't post it. I will try to be more careful. They are great seeds and I'm sure everyone is going to enjoy them. Thankyou for sending them in.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 19th, 2006 at 02:26 AM
Lorena,

Your seeds arrived today. I'll do my best to get you things on your wish list. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 19th, 2006 at 03:11 AM
Quick question--I just found a bunch of hairy vetch seeds. I'm using it as a cover-crop to help the soil out over the winter but it has gorgeous flowers on it too. Would anyone be interested in these seeds for the fall fling? If not, then I won't send them in.

Thanks!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 19th, 2006 at 03:47 AM
I haven't had any requests for it yet. But it does look like a nice flower.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 19th, 2006 at 04:28 AM
FYI: You can go to the USPS web site and find out exactly how much postage is from zip code to zip code as well as to other countries. I find that my husbands fish scale works well for weighing envelopes.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 19th, 2006 at 08:48 AM
Sarah
i think the hairyvench are pretty, never seen or heard of em before, if you send em in ill add em to my wish list! flw
im gonna have to invest in a scale.
Posted By: comfrey Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 19th, 2006 at 09:04 AM
Hairy vetch does has very pretty flowers...It grows wild here and can be very invasive, so plant with caution.
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 19th, 2006 at 09:18 AM
Yeah, it reseeds like crazy and can quickly become a nuisance!! I'll toss in a few packets before mailing out the package tomorrow.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 19th, 2006 at 09:24 AM
sibly, about the one stamp thing, I live in Canada and it's 89 cents to mail to US, I put two stamps on the first one and I ran out and didn't bother going out to get more, usually one is enough to get most things across the boarder. I seriously though for one moment God was trying to say: you didn't put enough postage on it so you're playing with the system, it's a sin like lying (well it wasn't intentional)
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 19th, 2006 at 05:58 PM
The thing about postage as I'm sure most of us know is that if you don't pay it on one end the person on the other gets charged. When I first started I kept on getting notes from the postman that I owed 12 cents postage. That's for the hand cancel that is required when you send a bubble envelope. But that's US rates. The information above is perfect for foreign country rates.
Posted By: bibee Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 19th, 2006 at 07:41 PM
Hay T I forgot to post when I sent mine out.
They went out Monday. U should have them soon.
Let me know when u get them.
Posted By: njoynit Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 19th, 2006 at 07:58 PM
Mine are ready.I just have alot of rain.It also seems to rain in my mailbox now that some idiot HIT it.The lid don't close completly& my mail lady didn't put clothes pin back on it or someone stole it off the box.I can't drive to the mailbox today(Well maybe on the quad.........)We got a lil over 5 inches of rain last nite on top of the 15 plus from the other day.

I grew some hairy vetch in garden once& tilled under,but have some I sowed on a patch of grass hubby sat the deisl can on.killed the grass,but the hairy vetch grows there still.its not square no more,but is prettyer than the grass around it.

By the way....I had a BUNCH of fun on the quad yesterday.I jumped a hill and landed in a mud hole...I made it slide sideways in the mud.did dounuts(the dounuts we're cause was trying to empty some water out of a hole..it just filled back up)
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 19th, 2006 at 08:07 PM
Hi Bibee yours haven't arrived yet but I'm sure I'll see them real soon. And I look forward to it. Everything is nice and tidy waiting for the next shipment to arrive. And while I am doing that I have some gorgeous short stemmed big bloom red Zinnia. The really full ones. I got them from the McDonalds over by my church. I doubt there will be any left by Sunday but I did get one bloosom and that made up several packets. I'm thinking I may put one or two in the exchange. But I haven't decided yet.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 19th, 2006 at 08:10 PM
Hey njoynit, you becareful out there on your quad. I don't want to hear of any injuries. It's been raining here alot too and the lettuce is loving it. I didn't think they would survive this long but they have. The tiny tim tomato plant isn't going to make it I don't think. It only has 3 leaves at the very top everything else has turned brown.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 19th, 2006 at 09:24 PM
Well I went outside and guess what. I harvested a bunch of cinnamon basil. I'll get them out of there little pods tonight while I'm watching Grey's Anatomy. I'm addicted to that show lol.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 19th, 2006 at 10:48 PM
It's almost time for the mail man. I can't wait to see who's seeds come in today. I know I'm such a nut lol.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 19th, 2006 at 11:42 PM
woohoo he came!!! and Maja24's seeds arrived. Thankyou for the stamps. My friends will really enjoy getting them.

You wouldn't happen to know the seeds american names would you? If not I'll see if I can find them. Otherwise someone is going to have to do some very good research. Or maybe these are the botanical names. I don't know enough yet to be able to tell things like that. I'm not very good at languages including my own.

Thankyou again for participating in the fall fling. I'll get out your package as soon as I can.
Posted By: maja24 Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 20th, 2006 at 03:30 AM
Thanks TK for letting me know!

I wrote on the packets the Latin names of the plants, here they come in their English/American name:
Agapanthus africanus (bleu) - African lilie
Agapanthus (white) - African lilie
Carex pendula - hanging sedge
Lathyrus latifolius - Perennial pea

Did i forget one? don't know what i've send anymore, must be getting older wavey
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 20th, 2006 at 06:31 AM
Mine went out today Tammy....we aren't that far apart so you might get them Saturday....I messed up though....I paperclipped $3 worth of stamps inside, but didn't realize until I sealed it that they were $1 stamps.....I was going to put some extra ones in there for you and so when you read my note saying to keep any extra stamps you'll understand why there aren't any extra stamps......Today is just not my day! :rolleyes:
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 20th, 2006 at 06:12 PM
Thankyou Maja24,

I did figure out that they were the botanical names after I posted. Sometimes I'm just not very bright. Thankyou for being so patient with me. And thankyou so much for seeding me some seeds as well. I'm going to so enjoy learning about them and growing them. And my friends Kathy and Janice really love the stamps. Take Care.

Loz, I don't know how often in recent years I've done something like that. Don't worry I've got everything covered I think. I'm just glad we were able to do the exchange. Many wonderful seeds have come in already and I get more everyday.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 20th, 2006 at 07:03 PM
My seeds left this morning Tammy....so you should see them mid next week.
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 21st, 2006 at 02:11 AM
I mailed mine this afternoon Tammy ! thumbup
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 21st, 2006 at 02:25 AM
thanks Penny and Angelblossom.

Hey Sybil I received your envelope today with 100 packets. I've been working on it since I got home and have choosen 40 packets for you already. I hope you will be please with my selections.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 21st, 2006 at 05:08 AM
By the way I'll be sending it back to you in a different envelope than the sasbe you sent. Would you believe they won't fit in that one lol.
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 21st, 2006 at 06:15 AM
I'm out of the hospital - hopefully for good this time. If I can get my act together I want to join the trade please.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 21st, 2006 at 09:52 AM
thank you Tammy
ill send you more stamps.40 packets!!!cant wait till i get em and see whats all in em grinnnn grinnnn

Best of Four
the more the marrier! still plenty of time, we got till the 27th
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 21st, 2006 at 06:11 PM
Sibyl, You don't need to send more stamps. I'll just tape your envelope to the outside of the envelope I use. I get very creative when mailing things. I'm sure the postoffice doesn't love me for it but they do deliver my packages lol.

Bestoffour I'm so glad you are out of hospital. And that you are able to join the Fall Fling. I'll look forward to seeing your package. And I'll pm you my address just incase you can't find it.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 21st, 2006 at 09:48 PM
I'm excited I've just finished adding some more seed packets to everyones envelopes. So I'm right up there where I should be. I would say that it took all morning to update the master list but it's well worth the effort. It keeps me motivated and shows my progress which is a real boon.

From everything I've read we may not get any hycinth bean vine. So everyone that put those on your wish list be prepared not to receive them. Other than that I think we are doing very well. I even had a packet of aquatic plant seeds come in. I wish there had been more but I was able to give one person that off of their wish list which was cool.

Can you tell how much I enjoy doing this? I bet you can. I'm so happy that Bill let me do this. He's so cool. Well have a good day everyone. I did send out one package today. It was one of the smaller packets but I can't remember who just now. So someone will be in for a surprise lol. hehehe I'm so bad.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 21st, 2006 at 11:17 PM
Tammy, I'm so glad you're enjoying doing this--you're doing a really great job at it! kissies

I did get (I think) 3 packets of white hyacinth beans in my envelope....just not any purple this year--stupid frost. :p Sooo, hopefully someone will get them that wanted hyacinth vines.

Let me know if my stuff won't fit all in one envelope....if so I'll send you another one with more postage.... flw
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 21st, 2006 at 11:31 PM
Wow Loz! 3 packet of white hyacinth beans, guess I might be able to get some!
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 21st, 2006 at 11:32 PM
Tammy, I forgot to say, I sent one packet and you know how I got one back, I though I would just stick with sending one, but guess what? I forgot to put your seeds in! So I ended up sending you the second package as well! Have you gotte nmy first one yet?
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 22nd, 2006 at 12:29 AM
Kennyso, Your seeds arrived today. And I think you will be pleased with your package. It is shaping up pretty well.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 22nd, 2006 at 01:04 AM
I'm surprised they arrived so soon and intact! I sent tiger lily bulblets to another member and she told me that customs got them and destroyed them. Thanks Tammy for organizing this, you should expect another package from me soon!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 22nd, 2006 at 01:10 AM
Hey Loz, Got your seeds today. And you must have heard me all the way over in Maryland hoping for certain types of seeds to come in. Your selection will definitely help fill some wish list items. Thankyou so much for your seeds. And thankyou for the avon as well. That was very sweet of you. The moisturizer is going to come in handy working with the envelopes. For some reason paper always drys out my skin.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 22nd, 2006 at 01:28 AM
Hi LandofOz your envelope arrived today too. And you fulfilled several wish list items too. So thankyou for your inspired choices of seeds. I'll be working on the packets tomorrow to try and catch up with what was sent in today. I think I've done about all I can today.

Your all doing great.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 22nd, 2006 at 01:33 AM
Kennyso,

I'll be on the lookout for the other package. Please don't set your heart of the hycinth bean. I'm going to draw lots for the ones that come in. There have been many requests.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 22nd, 2006 at 01:45 AM
Don't worry about the hyacinth beans, I know how hard it is when there are only a few packets and lots of people want them.
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 22nd, 2006 at 02:46 AM
Tammy, I'm so glad that you got my seeds already! I'm even more glad that there were some people who wanted them.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 22nd, 2006 at 03:18 AM
thumbup YW for the Avon....hope that you have fun swapping out all the seeds! grinnnn
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 22nd, 2006 at 05:52 AM
I guess I better close this and start a part 3. Have a good night all.
Posted By: floweringchild Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 22nd, 2006 at 07:57 AM
Hi tk,
I want to sign up for the fall fling seed thing. Just got back in town and didn't want to miss the cut off date! wink Trouble is, I don't have many seeds or a variety for that matter. Should I send what I have to you? Send PM for address. I'm looking for whatever seeds you can spare. flw
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part II - October 22nd, 2006 at 08:10 AM
Tammy, I'm going to try and get mine together tomorrow. It depends on my energy level but I'll keep you posted so you won't be looking for mine if it's not coming.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]