A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: ljtasker tiger lilly - June 23rd, 2006 at 07:27 AM
I have some lemon lilies and some other color that is darker than tiger lilies. My question is, why don't i get but only a few blossoms?
Posted By: alankhart Re: tiger lilly - June 23rd, 2006 at 07:33 AM
How long have you had them? The more mature the bulb, the more blooms you get. Do they get around 6 or more hours of sunlight each day? Lilies prefer full sun to a little shade to bloom well. Lastly, what type of soil are they in? Very dry soil will result in fewer blooms.
Posted By: dodge Re: tiger lilly - June 23rd, 2006 at 01:53 PM
ijt
LIlies.......I have mine in part shade , Afternoon sun..
But this year seems to be a problem.. Lots of flowers are not blooming or mature.
Lets blame it on mom nature..

;o)
dodge
Posted By: ChillnPepper Re: tiger lilly - June 25th, 2006 at 02:58 AM
Wooo-who!!

Mine blooooomed n they were SO pretty! Then something ate them. So the stalk is still standing, very healthy n well! But no lillies.I got to enjoy them maybe 3 days.

Made me sick frown .
*sigh
But they were pretty....
Posted By: dodge Re: tiger lilly - June 25th, 2006 at 03:14 AM
Chillin

You better hunt the eater..........

confused
Goffer

dodge
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: tiger lilly - June 25th, 2006 at 03:17 AM
ChillinPepper...do you have deer there?

That's what happens with my lilies almost every year. But this year I kept sprinkling Milorganite around the lily plants - even last night, and I am getting to enjoy most of my lilies for the first time - they are sooooooooo pretty!
Posted By: dodge Re: tiger lilly - June 25th, 2006 at 04:34 AM
chill

Here is my favorite Lily.. Right now, it is full of blossoms and there are more colors to come, like pink and yellow..I have 11.
Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Linked Image]
thumbup thumbup thumbup
dodge
Posted By: ljtasker Re: tiger lilly - June 27th, 2006 at 10:09 AM
Hi, this is the original gardener to post this question. smile These are not day lilies, these are the kind with the long grassy leaves. Nope, got no pest eating them...there just are no blossoms. Any ideas?

LJT
Posted By: tkhooper Re: tiger lilly - June 27th, 2006 at 10:24 AM
If you are growing them from seeds they take many years before they bloom or at least that's what I've heard. I'm in the same boat with the two I have.
Posted By: dodge Re: tiger lilly - June 27th, 2006 at 11:24 AM
I have also the long grassy lily.....They didnt get but 2 foot tall, no blooms at all this year.. i will see if I have last years photo.

dodge thumbup
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]