A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: floweringchild Is this the ........... - October 10th, 2006 at 12:06 AM
doings of slugs? I recently planted Lavender Lady Passion vines on my arbor and discovered this.

[Linked Image]

If it is slug slime, do slugs eat passion flowers? eek

Closer look

[Linked Image]

Seems I blame alot on slugs these days. I blamed slugs for eating my periennal hibisicus only to discover Io moth caterpillar culprit. :rolleyes:
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Is this the ........... - October 10th, 2006 at 04:56 AM
Actually , it looks like the work of leaf miners. I get that on my columbine, doesn't seem to hurt the plant at all. Maybe you should remove the infected leaves???? Don't do until you find out for sure though. Google leaf miners, you should find some links like this one.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Is this the ........... - October 10th, 2006 at 08:27 AM
I concure with the leaf miners...
Posted By: floweringchild Re: Is this the ........... - October 10th, 2006 at 08:45 AM
mel & weezie,

hummm, ekk, oh no. sca I've been dealing with gulf fritilary cats and now this on the poor passion flower vine? :rolleyes: What should I do? I don't use chemicals/herbicides/pesticides etc. Natural remedies?

Maybe just remove the leaves? I think there are 4 or so leaves affected. Poor lavender lady passion vine. shk
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Is this the ........... - October 10th, 2006 at 10:54 AM
I have read that's what you do for them..

I have them on my Columbines and to be honest,
I don't do anything to them/leaves..
They flower just fine and don't really hurt the plant other than ugliness..

But you can just snip off the effected leaf
and burn to destroy the bug inside...
Posted By: floweringchild Re: Is this the ........... - October 11th, 2006 at 08:38 AM
Thanks weezie for the added info! I'll do just that, snip off affected leaves.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]