A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: NotMrGreenJeans Wild Plum Trees Driving Us Plum Crazy - June 22nd, 2006 at 04:49 AM
When we purchased our home, it had been vacant for several years and the property was overgrown with, among lots of other weeds (and a few neat surprises), wild plum trees of all sizes. We've cleared everything and have managed to keep it clear except those darn plum trees!! They continue to pop up everywhere. We've used Tordon Brush Killer (both painted on each tree (whew!) and sprayed at the root/stump level. Any other ideas? Maybe something that can be spread over the entire lawn?
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Wild Plum Trees Driving Us Plum Crazy - July 17th, 2006 at 09:41 AM
Up to the Top.....

Anyone on this????
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wild Plum Trees Driving Us Plum Crazy - July 17th, 2006 at 01:46 PM
i had them when i lived in florida, and the only thing we could do was keep mowing over them. and weed wacking them, and cutting them, and and and, you get the drift. i never did get rid of them and those spikes on them were lethal!
Posted By: The Plant Doc Re: Wild Plum Trees Driving Us Plum Crazy - July 17th, 2006 at 03:10 PM
They are coming up from root growth of other trees, the best thing you can do is just to keep wailing away at them with the lawn mower, or spray them with Weed B Gone. That will take care of the existing ones, but the roots will continue to send up new suckers until the roots eventually die.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]