A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Lorena herbs that grow in shade or partial shade - November 15th, 2006 at 01:43 AM
Hey, I have a lot of partially shaded areas that receive about 4 to 6 hours of sunlight daily, they are east facing and south facing, shaded by old trees or the house. My lavender seems to like it there, so I thought some other herbs would too. My leopard's bayne is not too happy about it, but lemonbalm, calendula, wormwood, violas, clematis, carrots, lettuce, fava beans, sweet peas, sage, lemon thyme, and mints all did well there.

Any ideas? I want to take all the veggies out and make it an herb garden.

Lorena
Posted By: tkhooper Re: herbs that grow in shade or partial shade - November 15th, 2006 at 03:35 AM
My cinnamon basil grows well indoors so I'm thinking that it could probably put over there too. It doesn't like to be transplanted though. So you would either have to plant and plop or direct sow it in that location. Or root a cutting. I also have my thyme, oregano, and chives indoors and they are comming along nicely too. So they may be possiblities in that area as well. Good luck with your new herb garden sight.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]