A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: chermoni Oh no!! - October 31st, 2006 at 07:47 AM
It's all of sudden decided to get really cold here. Night temps are supposed to be in the upper 20's. sca Not good! I still haven't gotten my bulbs in because I don't quite have the garden area ready to go. I was hoping to get it all finished on Saturday, please tell me by bulbs will still be okay even though I haven't planted them yet. Temps are supposed to go up again to the 40's by Thursday. We don't usually get temps this low until January.
Posted By: rainie Re: Oh no!! - October 31st, 2006 at 08:08 AM
I'm still planting the 600 I bought this year - I"m in Ohio, yea I know I'm nutz But, you can plant up until the ground freezes, heck - I'm still waiting on my queen of the night tulips from Michigan Bulb lala Seriously, you should be fine.
Posted By: chermoni Re: Oh no!! - October 31st, 2006 at 08:10 AM
Funny you should mention your queen of the night tulips. I ordered some of those from michigan bulb as well and am still waiting on them.
Posted By: rainie Re: Oh no!! - October 31st, 2006 at 08:21 AM
they should ship this week late or early next - the estimated delivery for them is 11/9 I think - did ya get the 25 for $10??
Posted By: chermoni Re: Oh no!! - October 31st, 2006 at 08:23 AM
You know, now I can't remember. I'll have to look up my order and see.
Posted By: TomR Re: Oh no!! - October 31st, 2006 at 08:41 AM
As long as the ground is workable you can plant them, don't worry.
If you can dig, you can plant!

Tom
Posted By: rainie Re: Oh no!! - October 31st, 2006 at 10:18 PM
got an email this morning - queen of the night shipped! muggs Happy bulb planting this weekend clp
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]