A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Anonymous American Goldfinches - April 11th, 2006 at 10:42 PM
It was my BD present today, I had 2 of the brightest yellow finches on my clothesline....

Last year they didn't come around until near the very end of summer, so maybe they'll stick around now they know I give out free food! laugh

I just love them, and my neighbor told me years ago there were tons of them, but she never sees them anymore! thumbup
Posted By: slredmond Re: American Goldfinches - April 11th, 2006 at 11:26 PM
wavey

Glad you got to see the goldfinches on your special day. We have tons here - they're eating me out of house and home. Actually, eating all the thistle!
Posted By: Starla in GA Re: American Goldfinches - April 11th, 2006 at 11:29 PM
We never did have them show up at our house last year... this year however.. we have TONS! YAY! They are so much fun to watch!
Posted By: pagarden Re: American Goldfinches - April 11th, 2006 at 11:56 PM
here too- they are about 80% all yellow now! i love watching them- they just brighten the yard.

HAPPY B-DAY!
Posted By: Bestofour Re: American Goldfinches - April 12th, 2006 at 06:43 AM
I need to clean out my gold finch feeder. They never stay long here. How about where you are?
Posted By: MissJamie Re: American Goldfinches - April 12th, 2006 at 07:30 AM
hi there loz! happy birthday! I'm glad you got to see 2 of them on your special day....that's a PERFECT present!
they're eating me out of house and home.
I know whatcha mean! they do it here to me too!! too bad thistle is soooo expensive! laugh laugh but they're worth it though wink
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]