A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: keylime Harvested my first keylime today! - November 13th, 2005 at 05:47 AM
Harvested my first of the season keylime today! I now have two mature trees which are going to produce about two dozen keylimes this season. They should all be ready by Christmas. I'm so excited, because I have raised these trees from seed, and it took twelve years for them to bear! We keep them in a greenhouse in the winter months when below 40 degrees, then outside all summer. These are the REAL key limes, not persian limes. I understand they are pretty rare now. flw
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Harvested my first keylime today! - November 13th, 2005 at 09:56 AM
I'm so excited, because I have raised these trees from seed, and it took twelve years for them to bear!
TALK ABOUT PATIENCE!!!!
WOWWWWWWWWWW!!!
And it's a beautiful tree and harvest too!!!! thumbup thumbup
Posted By: ShirlS Re: Harvested my first keylime today! - November 13th, 2005 at 11:02 PM
Wow!! I bet you are so thrilled! I'm with Weezi about you being mega patient! 12 yrs is a longgggggggg time to wait for fruit!

Shirl
Posted By: reguy Re: Harvested my first keylime today! - November 14th, 2005 at 03:06 PM
Wow! Now that is totally cool! Perseverance sure paid off for you. I couldn't wait and bought my key lime tree from a nursery. :rolleyes:

Believe it or not, your post really inspires me. I'm growing 14 (yes...I planted every seed I could find...) pummelo trees. The seedlings just sprouted two months ago...10 more years to watch and wait... zzzzz

Good job keylime!
Steve
Posted By: reguy Re: Harvested my first keylime today! - November 14th, 2005 at 03:08 PM
Keylime,

Ummm....stupid question. Where did you get key lime seeds from? I thought limes were seedless?

Steve
Posted By: BigJimSlade Re: Harvested my first keylime today! - November 17th, 2005 at 01:58 PM
Beautiful! Congrats!
Posted By: keylime Re: Harvested my first keylime today! - January 5th, 2006 at 10:23 AM
Thought y'all might enjoy an update on the lime trees. My crop is about half harvested now. Still enjoying fresh key lime juice in my morning hot tea every day. I took the seeds from the first lime and planted them and now have two new baby trees! Only twelve more years til they bear fruit- LOL!
Here's their baby pix!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Harvested my first keylime today! - January 5th, 2006 at 10:40 AM
Only twelve more years til they bear fruit- LOL!
oh geesh, what patience I tell you...

Those lil'guys look soooooo good....

I hope they all turn out for you,
what fun that would be....

*And grinnnn Thanks for keeping us gab updated...
That's what makes half of the fun around here,
we love cool , love luv , love cool to see updates crit ..*
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]