A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: tkhooper Pinapple Mint Another ? - September 12th, 2006 at 09:45 PM
Mine pineapple mint doesn't have much smell or taste compared to the peppermint or any other mint I've every run across. Is this due to the soil it's in, or is it a characteristic of the type of mint? Is there anyway I can improve the amount of scent/taste it has?
Posted By: Deborah L. Re: Pinapple Mint Another ? - September 13th, 2006 at 07:41 AM
Is it in the sun?
That helps. Mine smells nice. Sweet and pineapple-y.
Posted By: thorns Re: Pinapple Mint Another ? - September 17th, 2006 at 07:57 AM
Pineapple mint, while pretty to look at and is interesting in flower arrangements, doesn't have much taste or fragrance at the best of times. Essentially a variegated applemint, without the vigor of applemint. It's nice mixed it with other herbs in a large planter or pot as a filler too.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Pinapple Mint Another ? - September 17th, 2006 at 05:48 PM
Thanks thorns, I do love the foliage. I'll have to see where I might be able to put it to add a nice look to my other containers.
Posted By: Deborah L. Re: Pinapple Mint Another ? - September 22nd, 2006 at 12:35 AM
Hmmmm.... now this is weird - my apple mint has little fragrance.
Maybe it's me........ nutz
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]