A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: zornitza Bulb Container for the spring - September 12th, 2006 at 12:58 PM
Hi! I just moved to Germany and have not lived a cold climate in quite some time. We also live in an apartment for the first time and I don't have a garden :-( I want to plant a bulb container for the window, but am not sure if the bulbs will survive the cold being that they will not be in the ground. Any suggestions?
Posted By: TulsaRose Re: Bulb Container for the spring - September 12th, 2006 at 06:14 PM
Hi there wavey
Garden Helper on Forcing Bulbs.
Posted By: zornitza Re: Bulb Container for the spring - September 12th, 2006 at 06:26 PM
Thanks for the info, Rosie, but I am planning to put the container outside, in the cold, not indoors, so that link was not helpul in my case...
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Bulb Container for the spring - September 12th, 2006 at 09:34 PM
Hi you will need to lift the bulbs every fall like next month or so and then store them until the spring and replant them. Bulbs will not last over the winter in colder climates like you have in Stuttgart. Good luck with your container gardening.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]