A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Anonymous Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - October 30th, 2006 at 12:05 AM
Tammy I hope you feel better, I've had a cold too and it's terrible....I'm just finally feeling a bit better, ended up in my lungs and I still have a bad cough. Rest up--I stayed in bed for the better part of 2 days. kissies
Posted By: Triss Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - October 30th, 2006 at 12:39 AM
Checking in here so I do not miss anything.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - October 30th, 2006 at 02:46 AM
Well I want to say thankyou to everyone I pmed about shipping dates. I should have been keeping track of that information as it was posted but I didn't. And of course having no memory I had to ask. Sorry for the inconvience and thankyou so much for your help everyone.

I'm sorry to hear this is one of those now you see it now you don't colds. Those are the easiest to spread all over. Well I guess that means I'll have to go get some more decongestant. One weeks worth just isn't going to cover it lol. It's great having it along with the toothache. I don't know which one to moan about first lol. I'm such a winer.

Any way I will do my best not to send any germs back with the seeds. And I have my fingers crossed that the Canadian/USA postal services figure out where I live so I get Penny and Kenny's envelopes. If they don't I promise to go sneeze on my guys after all the packages have been delivered and your seeds sent off. Nah, I wouldn't really do that. It was just a passing thought.

Most of the time they do pretty good.

Well it's back to bed for me.

Hope you all stay healthy.
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - October 30th, 2006 at 10:29 AM
Hi Tk,

I'm sorry to hear you're under the weather...I hope you feel better soon
maybe a few photos will cheer you.... smile

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Feel better soon,
[Linked Image]
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - October 30th, 2006 at 08:42 PM
Wow what great decorations for holloween. That's one snazzy dollhouse.

Thankyou for the pictures.

Needless to say I'm just hanging around the house today. That is between naps lol.

Take care everyone.
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - October 30th, 2006 at 09:10 PM
Feel Better TK,

Have you ever tried Airborne? you cam buy it at Walmart....it's a homeopathic type concoction...I think it works well....when you feel like your getting a cold...or your going to be around alot of germs....
It doesn't taste the best but what "medicine that works" does? You could use it next time you feel yourself getting a cold...too late this time around....sorry

I have a whole bunch of photos of the dollhouse decorated for Halloween and just plain dollhouse photos without the decorations...lol on the photobucket.

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/Charlie7_01/Dollhouse/Halloween%20Decorations/

[Linked Image] This is my indoor/Winter hobby...I have plenty things to do to keep me busy...

Take Care of Yourself TK and try to have a great day.....
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rite2u Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - October 30th, 2006 at 09:29 PM
Tammy,
I hope you feel better too...I hate being sick...
My seed packet arrived over the weekend...Thank you so much handling the coordination (a heroic effort when your head is clogged and stuffy from a cold)....
Thanks also to all who contributed seeds for the fling..there are so many, I haven't had a chance to go through them all...
Gotta make a list and then come up with a plan for when to sow what, shade vs. full sun, etc....so much to do...smile
Thanks again.. Christmas did come early!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - October 31st, 2006 at 12:59 AM
Charlotte,

That is a great room in the dollhouse. I wish my apartment looked that good. When I am feeling better I will definitely take a look at your photobucket link. Thankyou for sending it to me.

Rite2U,

I'm glad you got your seeds. Planning next years garden is always such a great winter pastime. I can't wait to hear about what you come up with.

We may have actually found someplace I can move to next month. They are working on it. I hope it all works out. And by then I should be over the cold and the tooth ache so I'll be in prime shape to pack up and move over lol. And it it happens by the next of november then I'll even be able to put up my christmas decorations this year. I would really like that.

Anyway I've got my fingers crossed. And don't worry if this works out I'll only be moving a couple of blocks and won't even have to pack up the seeds. I'll just move them over in situ and continue stuffing the envelopes. Which is almost as good as stuffing christmas stockings.

You know I think we all have to give Belinda a Hip Hip Hoorah for starting the Fall Flings in the beginning. They are super fun.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - October 31st, 2006 at 04:34 AM
Melcon6, Margaret e. Pell, Sibyl, Cindy, Flowering Child and Busy Lady all of your envelopes came in today. I'm afraid I'm not up to doing anything with them today. But as soon as I feel better I'll get them logged in and sorted. Thankyou so much for participating in the Fall Fling.
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - October 31st, 2006 at 07:16 AM
kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - October 31st, 2006 at 09:46 AM
I know I can't wait to see what all I get back....not sure how many packs I sent in, it was either 70 something or 90 something, or somewhere in between! laugh

Take your time Tammy, can't plant them anytime soon and I want you to rest up and get yourself better. thumbup
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - October 31st, 2006 at 10:31 AM
I got my package today TK. I love the choices you made for me. I loved looking at the seed packets. Some of our Forum people are very talented.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - October 31st, 2006 at 10:15 PM
Your so right Bestofour. We do have very talented people in our forum.

And very hard workers too. So today Sibyl, Flowerchild & Buzylady your envelopes went out in the mail. Of course you all had very small envelopes or I probably couldn't have managed it. I know I'm not up to doing larger amounts yet. But hopefully this cold will pass quickly and the toothache that has decided to join it will also go away. I'm feeling sleep deprived and silly at the same time. So again please forgive me when I don't make any sense at all lol.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - October 31st, 2006 at 10:28 PM
Well I had to take the envelopes downstairs so of course I had to look at the garden. Guess what...the cinnamon basil had a bunch of seed pods ready for the picking. So you know I just had to lol. I guess that means that I'll have a bunch to offer for the spring fling as well as this one lol.

Well we have 4 more to come in and then it will just be getting everything out the door. So I figure we are actually way ahead of schedule.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - October 31st, 2006 at 11:21 PM
Tammy
i think your way ahead of schedule! i remember you saying you hope to get em out by thanksgiving, and people have gotten their packets before halloween! thumbup
Posted By: maja24 Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 1st, 2006 at 01:32 AM
Hi Tammy,

When i got home from work your envelop was in the mail! Wow!!!! Really feels like christmas! Have already googled for the names cause some i don't know by their common (American) names.

Tammy, thank you very much for letting me join and making this fling possible by organizing this! wavey
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 1st, 2006 at 01:52 AM
I'm so glad the seeds arrived. I also look forward to the spring fling. These are great cyber get togethers and I really enjoy them. I hope the selection of flowers I chose are ones that you will like and that will grow well for you. The seeds you sent in were very popular and have found good homes.

Well it's almost time to go check the mail box. I love that time of day the absolute most while the fling is going on. It's so much fun. Now if I could just talk my good looking mailman into dressing up like santa I'd have it made lol. It's the meds making me say that of course hehehe.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 1st, 2006 at 05:46 AM
Tammy I got my seeds today thank you so much! Great selection, really satisfied with them!
Posted By: Kratz7 Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 1st, 2006 at 06:17 AM
Hi Tammy,

I just wanted to let you know I got my seeds today.... A HUGE Thank you Tammy!....the selection is wonderful. I'll be busy in the late winter/early spring starting all the new seeds. Then transplanting and taking care of....oops, I'll be busier than normal....We'll all need to rest this Winter......lol

Thanks, also to everyone who contributed to the fall fling.
You are all truly awesome people!

[Linked Image]
Ahhh, memories of Summer.... smile

Happy Gardening,

[Linked Image]
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 1st, 2006 at 10:57 AM
Charlotte, I love your pictures!!! I'm really looking forward to my second package back,if I got such great seeds in my first package, wonder what else I'll get?! Tk you can count me in for the spring swap as well! Time to start collecting stamps again!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 1st, 2006 at 10:10 PM
MELCON6!!!!!!!!!

I forgot to get a list of your seed packets with their numbers on them. So when you get your envelope please make a list for me with the numbers and the types of flowers and pm me. I'm sorry about this. The medicine I've been taking has made me loopy and your the one that got caught in the loop. This is so I can track them if anyone has a question or a problem with their seeds.

Cancolgirl and LandofOz your envelopes are also in the mail. But I remembered to get your seed packets on the inventory. So you don't have to do what Melcon6 does. Boy do I feel dumb lol.

Kennyso, Penny in Ontario I'm still waiting on your packages to come in. Hopefully it won't be to long and then I can ship out the remaining envelopes. Of which there are only a few.
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 1st, 2006 at 10:28 PM
Thanks for getting the seeds out today, Tammy. Hopefully that cold clears up quickly for you!
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 1st, 2006 at 10:29 PM
TAMMY!!!! You weren't supposed to be rushing to send me my seeds!!! You were supposed to be resting up and getting over your cold! mad

I forgive you kissies and look forward to getting my surprises! flw
I will send you that inventory as soon as I get them.

Maybe it wasn't the medicine or the cold making you loopy, maybe it was fantasizing about the postman being Santa that distracted you, hahaha laugh shocked shocked
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 1st, 2006 at 11:01 PM
there is a thought. He has the loveliest french accent and the dark wavy hair. He is just so cute. lol

sorry about the goof. I wasn't really hurring but they were easy to fill so I figured why not. lol.

Take care all.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 1st, 2006 at 11:10 PM
I hope mine show up for you today Tammy...fingers crossed!!!!
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 1st, 2006 at 11:36 PM
just popin in to see how things were going.
i see more members got their seeds thumbup flw , so exciting!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 2nd, 2006 at 12:42 AM
I cant wait to hear that mine made it there....finally!!!
Posted By: buzylady Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 2nd, 2006 at 12:53 AM
Tammy, have you gotten my envelope yet? I sent it priority mail on Fri. I also sent my daughter a box priority to Vermont at the same time. She got hers Mon. Surely it doesn't take longer than hers. I'm not so worried as just curious.
DianeB
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 2nd, 2006 at 01:10 AM
Sounds like you are waiting too DianeB.....me too!!
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 2nd, 2006 at 02:02 AM
I GOT MY SEEDS TODAY! TAMMY! kissies Thank all of you who sent in seeds! i didnt exspect em this soon! what a surprize!!! got all on my wish list too! grinnnn
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 2nd, 2006 at 02:52 AM
Buzylady, I got yours a couple of days ago and your exchange is already back in the mail. I'm sorry I thought I had posted that yours arrived. But I've been loopy so I might have just thought I did. I hope you like what I chose for you.

Penny I'm sorry to say that yours and Kennyso's are still amoung the missing. Maybe tomorrow.

For all of you that sent in Aquatic Plants thankyou very much. They were in very short supply and there were many requests.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 2nd, 2006 at 02:54 AM
Duh thumbup thumbup Fingers crossed for tomorrow!!!
Posted By: PartyGirl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 2nd, 2006 at 05:39 AM
Tammy,

Sorry you aren't feeling well -- something bad is going around here, too. DD has pneumonia and dh was sniffling last night. (There goes my hole digger for the million bulbs I have to get planted!)

Have you opened my envelope? I tried to put in as many different things as I had, but frankly I have more quantity than variety.

Sorry about the loose seeds that got caught in the plastic....I was getting very bored with the whole operation toward the end. It's a lot of darn W-O-R-K!

Why don't you collect them all in one envelope, send out an envelope of "Cottage Mix" -- just don't send it back to me! hahahaha.
Posted By: buzylady Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 2nd, 2006 at 06:09 AM
Oh Tammy I glad you got them. And I'll be looking forward to getting mine. I may not have seen the post. I've been painting my bathroom. So haven't been here too much lately.
DianrB
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 2nd, 2006 at 06:10 AM
flw
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 2nd, 2006 at 06:32 AM
Hi PartyGirl, I have 84 seed packets choosen for your envelope so I still have some to go. But I'm getting there. At this point the problem is trying not to double up on any seeds. Sometimes I don't see where I've already put something in a packet and then the person gets several of something lol. It's actually easy to get confused lol. But I think you will be happy with what I have for you. I'm hoping so anyway. As soon as I get kenny and penny's envelopes in I'll be able to finish yours and send it out. Shouldn't be to long now.

Hey Buzylady, Hopefully you will see yours sometime this week. Good Luck with the painting.

Hello tcmers, I'm so glad that you like what I chose for you. It's been a lot of fun doing it. Although I needed a boost occassionally. It can get scary where you have all those seeds spread out all over lol.

Here's to hoping that cute little mailman brings me Kenny & Penny's seed tomorrow.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 2nd, 2006 at 06:50 AM
thumbup thumbup I am hoping too Tammy!!!
I cant wait to hear some news!
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 2nd, 2006 at 07:59 AM
Sibyl, do you make all your seed packets?
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 2nd, 2006 at 08:47 AM
Crossing my fingers Tammy, might be a bit late to say this, but...you can send me multiple packets of the same thing to me, I can always share them with my teachers abd people around the block!
Posted By: floweringchild Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 2nd, 2006 at 09:54 AM
Hi tk! wavey
I'm sorry you have been sick lately. I sure hope you start feeling better soon. I can't believe you are handling the seed fall fling with you feeling so badly but it sure does sound like you are doing a terrific job! Wow! I'm impressed! Anyway, I'm looking so forward to receiving my seed envelope, I can hardly wait. Feels like Christmas! I'll let you know when I get it. And thanks again, hope you feel better real soon!
Posted By: PartyGirl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 2nd, 2006 at 12:33 PM
Darn it!!! I told you in the note NOT to bother with sending me 1:1. I sent extras from my garden and that's all they were -- extras! Anything you send back will be a bonus, please don't spend any extra time on it -- doubles won't kill me, and neither will it if you're a couple dozen short! Believe me, I have a LOT of seed and virtually no experience growing from seed except marigolds. Love sprinkling out those marigold seeds every spring! LOL! In any case, whatever you send will make me happy. Or it will show up in the next swap. LOL!

However if you find out Kenny sent some Celosias that look like brains or upside-down pizza slices, I want 'em! (He had a swap offer on Celosias a while back is the reason I say this, but they might have been the feather-kind.)

Take care!
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 2nd, 2006 at 08:43 PM
Originally posted by tkhooper:
Melcon6, Margaret e. Pell, Sibyl, Cindy, Flowering Child and Busy Lady all of your envelopes came in today. I'm afraid I'm not up to doing anything with them today. But as soon as I feel better I'll get them logged in and sorted. Thankyou so much for participating in the Fall Fling.
I found this at the bottom of page 1 , Fall Fling Part IV, just so Tammy doesn't think she's losing it or dreaming of the postman so much! laugh Now you've got me dreaming of your postman! laugh shocked
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 2nd, 2006 at 09:18 PM
lol @ Melcon6 Way to go rofl.

Hey PartyGirl, I'm afraid I'm just one of those people. Unless I have a definite number to send back you get the same as you give lol. Decisions just aren't my forte. One for one is simple and that's pretty much me, very very simple. Sorry if you got a little overwhelmed. But I'm sure they will be good trade material. And you can always do what I do and haunt the newbie room and send packages of seed to newbies or gardeners that have moved and are starting over or gardeners that have had reversals. There is always a way to find good homes for seeds.

Hi Floweringchild, I'm sure it won't take long at all for yours to arrive. I hope you like my choices. And thankyou again for participating.

Good Morning Kenny & Penny, I've got my fingers crossed. If not today I may have to tackle my good looking mailman and ask him what is up with the mail. It's a good excuse don't you think?

Take care everyone and have a good day.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 2nd, 2006 at 09:54 PM
Go easy on him Tammy kissies laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 2nd, 2006 at 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Bestofour:
Sibyl, do you make all your seed packets?
yep! i dont have a printer/coypier yet. shocked wink so i made my own.
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 12:06 AM
sheri
i got a pack of your black holly hocks! ive always wanted black ones, didnt think to add em on my wish list, Tammy must know how to read my mind!
i dont know who sent the bamboo and palm tree seeds, but i cant wait to see if i can get em to grow!
Posted By: bibee Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 12:57 AM
Hi Tammy

cool Got my seeds today. And want to say thank you
for all the hard work u are doing. And I want to thank everyone who gave seeds. I am gonna enjoy
all my seeds. Now I am gonna go crazy tring to
find places for all of them. perpl

Sheri
I sent some palm tree seeds if u want more
let me know I have over 500 seeds.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 02:34 AM
Checking in Tammy to see if you have gotten my envelope today??????
Posted By: floweringchild Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 02:50 AM
Hi Tammy, wavey
Got my envelopes of seeds today! Thanks bunches, kissies they are really great!

Triss, your seed envelope is so cute. flw I want to make them too. Will you share your templet?

And Sibyl, I love your seed envelopes as well. flw So cute. How original! I'm envious.

Hey yall, anyone have planting instructions for Cleomes seeds?

Rec'd seeds for palm trees, what species are they, from bibee.

Thanks again Tammy. Hope you are feeling better.
Posted By: bibee Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 02:56 AM
Some one said it was a jelly palm. Go to my photobucket and take a look at them.
Posted By: floweringchild Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 03:18 AM
Hi Angela! wavey
Thanks, that's a beautiful palm tree!
Posted By: Triss Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 06:42 AM
I will definitely share my seed template with anyone who wants them. Just send me a PM.

Tammy I got my seeds today and WOW!!! When I asked for zinnias and cosmos I thought I would get one or two packs of them and a few other things to enhance my garden but I got 5 varieties of cosmos and 8 of zinnia. Thank you so much.

The only one I do not know what they are is a package bibbee that look like big round nuts. Can you both tell me what these are?

Thank you so much Tammy, this stuff is just awesome!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 09:36 AM
Bibee, I got some of your palm tree seeds too...They are pretty neat. I don't think they'll do well outside in zone 5 but I'm thinking about trying a few indoors. Any special instructions for us?
Also, My computer crashed a few months ago, and I think I was supposed to send you a picture of Gerbera daisy going to seed....I never did. I'm Sorry. If you want, PM me your address and I can send you some seed so you can see them. smile
Sybil...Your seed packs are my favorite. I love the hand drawn packets. Such a special touch. They are lovely! (Everyone elses are wonderful too, but I have a soft spot for home made stuff).
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 10:09 AM
Hi Tammy, any sight of our packages yet? Go real easy on the mail man or he might never have a chance to give them to you LOL!
Posted By: Triss Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 11:20 AM
Just for all to see. This is how I do my templates. I made one up tonight for Sheri. It is grainy cuz I shrunk it but you get the idea.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 11:27 AM
That's pretty! I'm out of ink or I would've made some up too...instead I was just cutting and taping paper....took forever! eek
Posted By: Triss Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 11:34 AM
I have to remember to make a bunch up that do not have names or what is included in them so I can send them out when I send cards and stuff.
Posted By: bibee Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 08:28 PM
The only one I do not know what they are is a package bibbee that look like big round nuts. Can you both tell me what these are?

Triss
If it's the big seeds they are palm tree.

Tcmers
The only thing i did was planted them. Hadn't
seen anything yet. And the daisy thanks for the
seeds but I got so many now.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 09:07 PM
Yep the big round nut looking seeds are the palm tree seeds. I got so busy sending them out I forgot to save one for me lol. But then with my tiny apartment I'd never have been able to grow one. I can't even afford the large pots to put them in. lol

Cece you envelope from Canada arrived yesterday. Kenny & Penny no luck on your packages. I wish I knew what to say. It just doesn't make any sense at all that those two packages keep having trouble when everything else is getting through.

Planting Cleome. Direct sow about 1/2 inch deep in full sun and keep moist until they sprout. Once sprouted average water and fertilizer is fine. They are really easy care. And you end up with thousands of seeds lol.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 09:09 PM
I have mailed mine from our post office and added more postage and they said i shouldnt have any problems this time around, its a week today (friday)....they had better show up mad mad mad ...I've got 30 packs of seeds in there mad thumbup
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 09:19 PM
Hey Penny. Thankyou for telling me the number of seeds you sent in. That way I can begin picking out your seeds. At least that way the turn around will be quick. It is disturbing when something like this happens.

We'll just cross our fingers that today is the day.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 09:35 PM
Fingers crossed too....if not today then i hope Monday at the latest....they are in a big yellow envelope, and my return envelope is inside with the postage...so if you see a big yellow envelope, you know its me!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 10:07 PM
Partygirl, Believe it or not your envelope went in the mail today. I'm sending back 103 seed packets. A little less than you sent but you did say I could have a couple so I took you at your word.

You sent in such a wonderful selection of seeds it was very hard to choose just a few. But I managed. I hope you are as happy with the selection that I send you as I'm with what you sent in.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 10:57 PM
Cece, your evelope when out today too. I guess I was on a roll lol. Now it's just loz and me waiting for kenny and penny. But I know your going to be well worth the wait.

Hey Kenny do you remember how many seed packets were in your second envelope? If you do I can have most of your envelope made up in advance too.

This has been so great. Now I'm really looking forward to doing a big Thanksgiving Dinner. I love turkey.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 10:59 PM
Hey Tammy....in case i miss your post....whenever my seeds arrive, can you PM me please?
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 11:09 PM
Ok Penny I sure will. You may have to remind me if it takes to much longer because I forget things. But I will try to remember. I'm sure it will be in the next few days.
Posted By: njoynit Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 11:17 PM
I got my seeds yesterday.My top favs?
Jelly palm
dogwood tree
Solomans seal
leapord lilly
agapanthus
amayrllis

My SIL wants some of them seeds off that jelly palm.I'd already PM'd you Bibee.she's seen them now. clp
Posted By: PartyGirl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 11:19 PM
Thank you Tammy, that was really fast! I can't believe how efficient you are!

I'm thinking about sending you a private email so I can really yell at you, but I can't find my glasses to find the private email button on the screen!

I'm sure the note I sent said, "Take anything you want." There was nothing about "a couple" or "a few". I wouldn't have cared if you had taken 30 packages, girl, and if you can fish the envie out of the mailbox, go do it! Anybody who goes to all the work you went to desrves whatever she can pull out of the envelope! LOL!

Whew. I feel better. >GGG>

Thanks again for all your hard work!
Posted By: bibee Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 3rd, 2006 at 11:24 PM
njoynit
I pm U back
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 4th, 2006 at 12:25 AM
I didn't want to be greedy. I already have close to 2 hundred different kinds of seeds in my personal stash. And my trade box is full as well. I guess the garden knew that I wouldn't be here to plant next year so it decided to go all out for me. I still have a number of plants blooming out there. And the coleus completely denuded of leaves is still trying to produce seeds. I don't think it will succeed but it's something to watch their will to survive.

Well I guess it's nap time so I'm all alert for the mailman. Maybe he can suggest something I can do to get penny and kenny unstuck from the world-wide-snail-mail lol. Sorry it isn't funny. It's just when I get stressed I make jokes.

Have a great day all.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 4th, 2006 at 12:32 AM
Thanks Tammy....i'll keep reminding you so that you dont forget!!

Maybe today will be the day!!!!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 4th, 2006 at 03:12 AM
Have you tackled that "cute" mailman yet Tammy laugh laugh ...any sign of mine??
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 4th, 2006 at 03:14 AM
I overslept. And he didn't leave me anything! whaaaaaa. Hopefully tomorrow.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 4th, 2006 at 03:17 AM
You get mail on the weekends??
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 4th, 2006 at 04:10 AM
only on Saturdays. There is no service on Sundays and Holidays.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 4th, 2006 at 04:44 AM
I can't wait to see what's in my envelope, all this talk is getting me excited! flw
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 4th, 2006 at 05:22 AM
Well I suppose I could send your package out Loz. hummmmmmmmm, let me think a minute. Lets see I'd be all alone waiting for kenny & penny's envelopes to arrive. Well ok I guess I can mail yours tomorrow Loz. Your pretty close to me so it won't take long for it to arrive.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 4th, 2006 at 05:28 AM
Oh tammy, you don't have to do that....I can wait a bit longer...I'm just getting excited reading everyone elses posts about their seeds. laugh thumbup
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 4th, 2006 at 05:46 AM
That's ok I've got plenty to cover Penny & Kenny even if Kenny sent in 100 seed packets so no problem there. I was just waiting to see if maybe any aquatic or really strange seeds came in that I could add to your envelope. But you already have a nice selection I think. I'll mail them off tomorrow unless my mailman suprises me again and comes to early.

I imagine they will be there by Wednesday.
Posted By: LandOfOz Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 4th, 2006 at 05:52 AM
I got my envelope today! Thanks so much for the seeds, once again, a great selection Tammy. Now I am really eager for spring!
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 4th, 2006 at 07:16 AM
Tammy, I pretty sure there isn't even 50 in that packet! My guess would be twenty or so, you can take whatever you want, I'm not looking for a packet to packet trade so keep what ever you like or give to another member who wanted some of mine, crossing my fingers they will get there tomorrow, I would hate to see it [heaven forbid] back in my mailbox when I open it monday
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 4th, 2006 at 08:35 PM
Thanks for the info Kenny. I have my fingers crossed that they arrive today. I don't want to hear that they were returned to you again either.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 5th, 2006 at 12:49 AM
Checking in for some news....listen Tammy, if my seeds are holding you up in any way...go ahead and send out whatever you have and i can wait for mine....i just hope that i am not holding you up...whatever works for you is ok with me.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 5th, 2006 at 02:34 AM
Your not holding me up sweety. There are only three of us left you, Kenny, and me. And I have alot of different types of seeds to choose from your packages when they arrive. Infact I have so many seed packages still that they cover the dinningroom table lol. And that's why I didn't have sitting space when my friend stopped by. I like to spread out. And because I can that's how I've done the seed exchange. Having the seeds spread out all over the dinningroom and livingroom. I could have done it differently and since there are only a few of us left I probably will put everything in a box. I was just waiting hoping that yours would come in soon enough that I could just finish up without the intermediate step. But it's still no problem.
Posted By: kennyso Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 5th, 2006 at 05:50 AM
Hi Tammy! Stopping in to see if the mail man brought you anything today!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 5th, 2006 at 06:38 AM
The meanie didn't bring me one little thing. Not even an advertisement. If my neighbor hadn't gotten mail I wouldn't have even know that he had come by. I guess we have to cross our fingers for Monday. I hope it shows up in my mailbox and not yours.

I did get Loz's envelope in the mail today. So that's one thing accomplished.
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 6th, 2006 at 01:47 AM
I've been meaning to post about this all weekend. On Friday, I got my seed envelope, Thank you Tammy!!! I was so excited and on my way to the last gardening class I've been teaching with some 3rd and 4th graders, so the timing couldn't have been better! thumbup I grabbed the envelope out of the mailbox and rushed to the school and opened it with the kids in my class. We have done a lot of seed collecting and packet making and I had packets for them anyway, so this tied right in. They asked if they could have some of the ones I had just recieved and I quickly told them, "No way, they're mine, but I'll grow these things and then I'll collect the seeds and share them with you if you're still interested" Good thing I did have some seeds all done up for them with me. laugh laugh

I am so excited about the seeds that Tammy selected for me. There are even things in there that I can grow indoors, so no need to wait until spring. My daughter thought it very foolish of me when I commented that I never even thought of cactus seed?? flw laugh
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 6th, 2006 at 06:51 AM
That is always the most difficult thing after the Fling. I want room and pots to start one of everything at least. And I don't have near the room lol. But I always manage at least a few. Good luck with the cactus. I've never had any luck with them when I've tried. Right now I'm trying an epi instead. I love those so I've got my fingers and toes crossed that they work out.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 6th, 2006 at 07:34 AM
I did get Loz's envelope in the mail today. So that's one thing accomplished.
kissies I can't WAIT to get it....I bet it comes tomorrow or Tuesday...we aren't very far apart.

Mel your excitement is catching! It sounds like you got lots of goodies there to plant....
Posted By: Triss Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 6th, 2006 at 12:18 PM
I know just what you mean Mel. It is so darn exciting to see the packs from all over the country. My garden is going to be so awesome next year.

Loz, you always have the most awesome zinnias, when do you plant your seeds and how?
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 6th, 2006 at 08:17 PM
Well I have company coming over today so I finally got all the Fall Fling Seeds into a box lol. I can procrastinate with the best of them sometimes. I had a bad night with this silly tooth so I've been up for just about forever. Hopefully the medicine I just went and got will fix me right up and I'll be feeling well again soon.

Hey Loz, I bet your right. Your seeds should be there within a day or two. I hope you like what I sent. I think I doubled up on some things, because the meds I was on there for awhile really made me foggy. But they work as trade goods anyway lol.

Hi Triss, I hope you will do pictures from seedling right on through until they are mature plants. You know I love pictures. Even though with my computer it takes them hours to load. Well maybe not hours but a long time lol.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 6th, 2006 at 09:50 PM
Fingers crossed today Tammy....i hope they get there~~!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 6th, 2006 at 10:35 PM
Guess what I just got! kissies
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 6th, 2006 at 10:38 PM
thumbup Cool.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 6th, 2006 at 10:41 PM
I love how roflol used change wrappers for packets...that was too funny, and an idea I might have to use in the future.... wink

I still can't get over ALL of these seeds! shk
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 6th, 2006 at 10:55 PM
Now i want mine thumbup
Posted By: sibyl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 6th, 2006 at 10:57 PM
clp glad you got your seeds Loz!
its so exciting! i still keep peeking at all my seeds! i cant seem to stop! laugh
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 6th, 2006 at 11:03 PM
Its addicting isnt it Sibyl~~! thumbup
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 6th, 2006 at 11:03 PM
Hey loz did you see that I managed to find one pond plant seed packet for your pond? When that came in I knew that you were the one that would get that packet.

Well I'm going to try to be awake for the postman today so I can ask him about the canadian packages and having a address unknown stamp put on one. Grrrrh. Do I sound scary? Probably not, I'm a push over.

Your seed envelopes are pretty much made up so I may just send them on. I don't want you to have to wait until your hip deep in snow before you get your seeds. That wouldn't be nearly as much fun.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 6th, 2006 at 11:21 PM
Thats ok Tammy....you go ahead and do whatever works best for you....works for me!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 6th, 2006 at 11:59 PM
Hey loz did you see that I managed to find one pond plant seed packet for your pond? When that came in I knew that you were the one that would get that packet.
I did, and I'm thrilled with that! kissies I was so excited! smile

I can't believe all the great seeds I got back, thanks again Tammy....I was really let down after sending in a ton of packets last time, but I just knew that YOU would get everything done!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 7th, 2006 at 12:10 AM
I had a funny feeling about last time. She was just to young to be able to take on something like that. So I didn't send any in. This should give you some more variety to your gardens that are already beautiful. I hope there were enough vines for you fence. I was suprised about the different colors of morning glories. And I had to research what jmg's were lol. It was a bunch of fun. But if I had a family or a full time job I don't know how a person would manage one of these. For me it takes a bunch of space.
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 7th, 2006 at 12:40 AM
I had a bad experience last time too, but thats ok, onward and upward right.
So any sign of that mailman yet Tammy?? grinnnn grinnnn grinnnn
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 7th, 2006 at 01:43 AM
Good attitude Penny. When you get to my age you find it's better to forgive and forget and get on with life. Things happen. And....our reward for forgiving and forgetting is that we had TK to do this wonderful thing for all of us. Couldn't get much better than this.

Sheri
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 7th, 2006 at 01:45 AM
wavey
Posted By: roflol Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 7th, 2006 at 02:44 AM
loz said: roflol used change wrappers for packets...
shocked

Walmart didn't have the little brown envelopes I was originally looking for, but they had the coin wrappers for about 87 cents for a whole lot of them in a package... fine-tipped marker to identify what's inside and two pieces of tape to close, and the packet's done. Cheap and quick, my favorite kind of work.

I was hoping nobody minded. wink

This was my first swap and I'm happy to say it's been a fantastic experience. Thank you Tammy for doing it, whoever started the tradition (did I read it was Belinda?), and everybody involved. I'm looking forward to the next one. The cardinal climber is finally becoming harvestable. clp
Posted By: PartyGirl Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 7th, 2006 at 03:10 AM
I can hardly wait for that darn mailman today! Loz's envelope was mailed a day after mine, so hopefully the seeds will be in today's mail. In fact, I got sick of running out to the mailbox, so I took one of those credit card offers and put the preaddress/pre-metered envelope (with all the junk offers inside) and rain it out tothe mailbox and put the flag up Now I'll know when the package comes becuase the flag will be down....I am soooo evil!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV - November 7th, 2006 at 03:21 AM
----------------closed----------------------

new one open.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]