A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Tonya Sedum seeds?? - October 11th, 2006 at 12:50 AM
My sedum Autumn Joy is done blooming. Will I be able to collect seeds?? I would love to send some in for the seed exchange. Can someone tell me how to go about this- as I never have tried for seeds from this plant....
Posted By: Tonya Re: Sedum seeds?? - October 13th, 2006 at 08:19 PM
Anyone know??
Posted By: linda12159 Re: Sedum seeds?? - October 13th, 2006 at 08:43 PM
Thats a great question! I've always just cut a stem and stuck it in the ground for propagation.

Linda
Posted By: Tonya Re: Sedum seeds?? - October 15th, 2006 at 09:30 AM
Do they make seeds?? HELP!! I don't know! ters
Posted By: TulsaRose Re: Sedum seeds?? - October 15th, 2006 at 04:53 PM
Tonya, to tell you the truth, I've never thought about collecting seeds from my Autumn Joy Sedums but I would assume the dried flowerhead would be where they are located. If you have a dried flower, turn it upside down and give it a shake over some newspaper and see if seeds fall out. Mine aren't quite finished blooming yet or I would experiment and tell you what happens. wink
Posted By: kennyso Re: Sedum seeds?? - October 15th, 2006 at 07:20 PM
I remember seeing some sedum seeds somewhere on the internet for sale, 1/32 onze for $50! So expensive! I remember reading on another forum that someone received sedum seeds but they look like fluff abut still plant everything anyways and they did sprout. My guess would be the same as Rosie's just crumble the whole seed head and send, never hurts to be sure!
Posted By: Tonya Re: Sedum seeds?? - October 15th, 2006 at 09:04 PM
I think I will experiment with them this year and if it works, I 'll send them in next year's seed swap...I don't want to send seeds unless I know they are going to be "good".

Thanks you guys! kissies I thought that was what I should do, but shocked I am not good with seeds. lala
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]