A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Curious Nick Grapes...But what kind? - July 23rd, 2006 at 09:54 AM
Hey all,

I have a grape vine growing in my backyard, but I think it's still to young to fruit. Is there any way to tell what grape variety it is before it fruits?

Thanks.
Posted By: Woodland Garden Re: Grapes...But what kind? - July 24th, 2006 at 02:37 PM
I can't tell you what variety it is, but I have wild grape vines growing in the backyard and woods and would love to know the variety too. Some of these grap vines are monsterous. There are vines out there up to eight inches in diameter.
Posted By: Curious Nick Re: Grapes...But what kind? - July 26th, 2006 at 12:51 AM
Woodland...I know exactly what you mean. The plot of grape vine I have is huge...I almost ran it over with the lawn mower the other day because I had only just noticed that it started creeping out into the grass...

Has your wild vine fruited?
Posted By: Woodland Garden Re: Grapes...But what kind? - July 26th, 2006 at 04:11 PM
Yes they did fruit a while ago. I saw the youngling grape clusters all over the place. But in the last few weeks they have vanished as something is eating them.
Posted By: Curious Nick Re: Grapes...But what kind? - July 27th, 2006 at 12:04 AM
awww...the squirrels are takin them to make their own hooch..lol muggs
Posted By: Curious Nick Re: Grapes...But what kind? - July 27th, 2006 at 12:05 AM
awww...the squirrels are takin them to make their own hooch..lol muggs
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]