A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: afgreyparrot spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 10th, 2006 at 08:11 AM
Brennan found this today...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

He swears up and down it is some kind of alien life form...
...and I agreed with him.

It has a FACE! sca
Posted By: Anonymous Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 10th, 2006 at 08:59 AM
What is that thing supposed to be? laugh sca laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 10th, 2006 at 09:08 AM
I don't know!

Brennan found it in the driveway, and put it in the hostas! laugh

It has a big FACE! Like it's smiling!

What is it??????????
Posted By: Anonymous Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 10th, 2006 at 09:10 AM
Maybe it's a scout sent out from the mothership and it wants you to follow it back. wink
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 10th, 2006 at 09:13 AM
Looks like the prize I won at the fair today.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 10th, 2006 at 09:21 AM
Maybe it's a scout sent out from the mothership and it wants you to follow it back
Rachel called a few minutes ago and said that Brennan was still wondering if a space ship was going to come back and get it! He is convinced it is an alien! (It's at Rachel's house, not here, thank God! I'd hate to think of how bad Freckles would bark if the mothership landed here.) laugh

Looks like the prize I won at the fair today.
sca
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 10th, 2006 at 10:03 AM
It looks like the orange fish that Lynne has on her signature line.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 10th, 2006 at 10:09 AM
That's what Rachel...it looks like a clown fish!

Look what I found...

Spicebush Swallowtail caterpillar
Common in Kentucky...
But, it's not the same color. nutz
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 10th, 2006 at 10:19 AM
sca
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 10th, 2006 at 10:29 AM
I honestly thought this was joke...maybe one of Brennan's toys or something.
That is the exact same thing Rachel said... laugh
She thought it was one of his toys! No kidding!
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 10th, 2006 at 10:36 AM
laugh That's funny..I kinda' wondered when you asked what kind of fair I went to. I thought, "is it just a Canadian thing where you win the goldfish? Duh " nutz
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 10th, 2006 at 10:45 AM
OMG - what is that thing, Cindy?!?

It gives me the creeps!!!
Of course I would read this thread just before going to bed - can't even IMAGINE the dreams I'm gonna have tonight!!! sca eek
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 10th, 2006 at 10:50 AM
OMG - what is that thing, Cindy?!?
That's what I want to know! laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 10th, 2006 at 10:53 AM
When I stopped at Rachel's before I went to the reunion I was in a big hurry (always late!) and she said I HAD to see THIS...and I reluctantly got out of the truck to go look at this "thing"...

Then when I saw it I was amazed...because of the face!

It must be some kind of swallowtail butterfly caterpillar, I'm thinking. nutz
Posted By: Buglady Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 10th, 2006 at 11:35 AM
Papilio troilus... spicebush swallowtail caterpillar

smile
Posted By: TulsaRose Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 10th, 2006 at 07:22 PM
Cindy, see if this is your Alien. wink Third one down.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 10th, 2006 at 07:57 PM
Yep...it's a spicebush swallowtail caterpillar.

The pic you found is more the color of Brennan's alien than the pics I found.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 10th, 2006 at 10:05 PM
Holy cow! The thing is real? sca shk
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 10th, 2006 at 10:34 PM
I honestly thought this was joke...
Holy cow! The thing is real? I thought for sure last night it was a toy
p I guess I joke around on here so much that no one takes a real post by me serious! laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 10th, 2006 at 10:38 PM
...I think I'll change the topic name and move this up to the Butterfly forum...since we don't have an alien forum... lala laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 10th, 2006 at 10:47 PM
I just showed it to Mark and he said--"What the **&% is that thing?" laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 10th, 2006 at 10:50 PM
I just found some nice pictures of it...

Spicebush Swallowtail
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 21st, 2006 at 09:37 AM
It looks like a cartoon goldfish to me! Are you sure that one of your goldfish hasn't escaped the pond?

Dianna
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 21st, 2006 at 09:42 AM
It looks like a cartoon goldfish to me!
That what Jeremy (Rachel's BF) said! laugh
He thought it was a toy of Brennan's at first, til he touched it...then when he called for Rach to come look at it she thought it was a toy, too. When I got there and she made me look at it, I thought for sure it was an alien...because it looked at me and grinned real big grinnnn like it knew me! laugh
Posted By: princessazlea Re: spicebush swallowtail caterpillar - September 21st, 2006 at 03:54 PM
OMG sca It does look like a clown fish. I have never seen anything like this. It looks like it has teeth!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]