A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: sibyl frost ? - October 12th, 2006 at 11:56 PM
some landscaper guy told me if you get a early frost , go out early in the morning before the sun comes up, and water your flowers, plants, and they wont die off,he said cause the waters warmer than the frost.
my question is has anyone ever done this?
dose it realy work?
Posted By: TulsaRose Re: frost ? - October 13th, 2006 at 03:10 AM
I've never done that after a frost but I do make everything is well watered if a frost has been forecast. Well hydrated plants can stand up to the stress a lot better. wink
Posted By: sibyl Re: frost ? - October 13th, 2006 at 09:40 AM
sounds alot eaiser than running around the yard with tarps, plastic, and newspapper! :p laugh
Posted By: daylily77 Re: frost ? - October 13th, 2006 at 01:46 PM
We're supposedly getting our first frost tonight already! I had to go cover everything! I also read that placing milk jugs of water by the plants will heat up small spaces. The jug will give off heat as it turns the water from liquid to frozen. So I put a few of those in, too.

I've never read that about watering early in the morning to prevent frost damage. But I did hear of doing it before dusk on the night just before the freeze. I'd be interested to know if it really works! Please do let us know the results if you try it. smile
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]