A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: gailo It's a triumph! - August 12th, 2006 at 02:24 AM
Our back deck was sagging from some vermin undermining it at one end so we decided to cut it off and put in a patio made of pavers. My husband did the hard physical labor of digging and together we laid the pavers and I planted. I think it turned out well. We love the change. When the plants grow we'll a nice little area. Sorry I don't have a before picture, but I already took one of the next project to come.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: It's a triumph! - August 12th, 2006 at 02:27 AM
What a beautuful job you have done! thumbup
Posted By: flycats Re: It's a triumph! - August 12th, 2006 at 06:48 AM
WOW that is gorgeous! And your view is spectacular too! I love the round planters with the retaining stones!
Posted By: netty Re: It's a triumph! - August 12th, 2006 at 08:38 AM
I love it!!!
Posted By: gailo Re: It's a triumph! - August 12th, 2006 at 09:29 AM
We had extra square pavers so we made the round areas, but we got carried away and had to buy another pallet of them. Duh
Posted By: netwiz Re: It's a triumph! - August 12th, 2006 at 11:23 AM
Great job! I love the beautiful view you have!

Joanne
Posted By: ND farm girl Re: It's a triumph! - August 12th, 2006 at 02:55 PM
Are those sweet potato vines? Gorgeous!
Posted By: TulsaRose Re: It's a triumph! - August 12th, 2006 at 11:16 PM
gailo, that turned out beautifully and the view must be spectacular. Thanks for posting the pix.
Posted By: gailo Re: It's a triumph! - August 13th, 2006 at 12:17 AM
Thanks so much for all your compliments. Yes those are sweet potato vines, I love the color and are they easy to grow. clp About the view, our backyard is the Chesapeake Bay. We were lucky enough to find this house before the real estate sales went crazy here. It had been on the market for a long time because it needed a lot of work (landscaping, new kitchen, new roof etc.) We are slowly getting it into shape.
Posted By: gardenfairy Re: It's a triumph! - August 14th, 2006 at 03:58 AM
I love your new patio, and I love your view even more. My dad used to live on Chesapeake Bay, he loved living there.
Posted By: patches1414 Re: It's a triumph! - August 14th, 2006 at 11:42 AM
Gailo, you've done a wonderful job on your patio and it looks terrific! thumbup I love the view you have there! luv It must be an awesome feeling just sitting out there and taking it all in! wink wink smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: It's a triumph! - August 16th, 2006 at 09:14 AM
Galio, I'm 5 hours from Ocean City, MD!!! Just way out here in the west! I LOVE what you did with the patio, and what a view you have of the bay! I'd be sitting out there all day long on my laptop! thumbup

Glad you got in there before the real estate market went nuts!
Posted By: gailo Re: It's a triumph! - August 19th, 2006 at 08:26 AM
Hey Loz, we are between St Michaels and Tilghman Island. So maybe you are 3 hours from us. If you are ever in the neighborhood.....give us a call
Posted By: slredmond Re: It's a triumph! - August 29th, 2006 at 04:09 AM
Oh my! Beautiful! You've certainly fixed the landscaping issue. Love your choice of materials.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: It's a triumph! - August 29th, 2006 at 02:15 PM
terrific job on the patio!

i have to agree, your view is spectacular!! i just love the eastern shore - any part of it!! we used to go to rock hall when i was a kid...my parents had bought some land...turned out to be a bust because the water table prevented building on the site. i still get down there on occassion...

congrats & lucky, lucky you for getting the property before the values got out of hand!!! you're in a really hot spot!!
Posted By: Wrennie Re: It's a triumph! - September 3rd, 2006 at 01:03 AM
Great job! clp
{{ want to come do my yard?? lala }}
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]