A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: ND farm girl Help! Do I need to cover... - September 19th, 2006 at 05:27 PM
It's going to be 29 degrees tonight. I have planted some perennial plants in the last few weeks, do I need to cover them?????
Posted By: alankhart Re: Help! Do I need to cover... - September 19th, 2006 at 06:38 PM
If they've had about 6 weeks in the soil, then they've had time to establish a root system and should survive, although the top growth may be damaged. If it's been less time, I would cover them.
Posted By: ND farm girl Re: Help! Do I need to cover... - September 19th, 2006 at 10:48 PM
Thank you! I'm going to cover them. Some of them I just planted 2 or 3 weeks ago. Went from 80's to 40's.
Posted By: plantqueen Re: Help! Do I need to cover... - September 19th, 2006 at 10:51 PM
I need to cover mine tonight also Patty! Isn't this weather just crazy!?!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Help! Do I need to cover... - September 19th, 2006 at 11:51 PM
i would cover them - even if they have been in the ground for a month...they're still tender and the extra protection certainly won't hurt them!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Help! Do I need to cover... - September 20th, 2006 at 12:00 AM
Can you tell gab us what kind of plants/perennials they are crit ?????
Very Curious!!!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]