A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: FranBrad What is this? - June 25th, 2005 at 11:19 PM
What is this? Tree disease or critter? What do I do to find out what this is and how to get rid of it? The leaves on my maple tree have these little white wormie looking things sticking up out of them. They don't move, kind of hard. I don't know how to get a photo on here or would include photo for you. I don't know if this is a disease of the tree or a critter, but it doesn't seem to move. [img]http://[/img] photobucket
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: What is this? - June 25th, 2005 at 11:34 PM
Hi FranBrad! Welcome to the greatest gardening forum on the net! There are some free websites you can upload your pictures to. One of the more popular ones that comes to mind is photobucket.com. Once you upload your picture, come here to post, and there will be a button down below that says "URL" (you may have to hit 'full reply form' first, if you don't see the URL button). When you hit 'URL', you'll be able to paste the address of your picture so that we can have a look see!

I'm kind of new to gardening, but someone may be along that can id your disease/critter problem without a pic. It's much easier with a pic though wink
Posted By: FranBrad Re: What is this? - June 26th, 2005 at 12:02 AM
Originally posted by MaryReboakly:
Hi FranBrad! Welcome to the greatest gardening forum on the net! There are some free websites you can upload your pictures to. One of the more popular ones that comes to mind is photobucket.com. Once you upload your picture, come here to post, and there will be a button down below that says "URL" (you may have to hit 'full reply form' first, if you don't see the URL button). When you hit 'URL', you'll be able to paste the address of your picture so that we can have a look see!

I'm kind of new to gardening, but someone may be along that can id your disease/critter problem without a pic. It's much easier with a pic though wink
Posted By: FranBrad Re: What is this? - June 26th, 2005 at 12:02 AM
Thanks for the help Mary! I will try it and see what happens.
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: What is this? - June 26th, 2005 at 01:28 AM
You bet! We'll be here when ya get back wink
Posted By: FranBrad Re: What is this? - June 26th, 2005 at 03:42 AM
photobucket
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: What is this? - June 26th, 2005 at 03:54 AM
You did it! One last thing to do. Sign in to your account, go to 'account options' and then click 'yes' under 'make public?'.

smile!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: What is this? - June 26th, 2005 at 04:03 AM
Yep, you gotta make it public
so we alllllll thumbup flw
Posted By: FranBrad Re: What is this? - June 26th, 2005 at 04:07 AM
where do I go to do that? Guess my brain isn't functioning too well right now, I can't find where to do it.
Posted By: FranBrad Re: What is this? - June 26th, 2005 at 04:13 AM
I found it!! It's public now!
Posted By: FranBrad Re: What is this? - June 26th, 2005 at 04:17 AM
photobucket

Try this one more time. Let me know if it doesn't work.
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: What is this? - June 26th, 2005 at 04:37 AM
It worked! Sorry I wasn't here when you had questions - I was out pitching hay LOL!

Lemme have a look see. Eww. That woulda freaked me out. It looks like some kinda larvae that's hatching. I know that some bugs will leave 'galls' on leaves (I have some on an oak tree here) which are egg sacs. They're usually harmless, but look ugly. That would be my guess as to what it is. Hopefully someone else will come by and add their .02c wink
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]